Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Hi-Standard Supermatic Citation

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Wells View Post
    Thanks for that. The one I am eyeing is serial no. 475297SK100. I have tried researching it but no joy. Is it an early one or later East Hartford series?
    i'm by no means an expert on this so please take it with a good helping of salt. The reference I have doesn't reflect any SK serial. The closest they have to that is an SK and it ran '81-'84. It also shows the shows the alphanumeric serials starting in '75 which puts it after the second factory burned down. If it's like any of the others I have seen it will have a place of manufacture marked on the frame.

User

Many thanks. Will have a more detailed look at 'my' one asap.
    Cheers for now.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Wells View Post
    Many thanks. Will have a more detailed look at 'my' one asap.
    Cheers for now.
    Pleasure. Hope it pans out. If at all possible I'd advise that you try and shoot it to test feeding. They feed direct from the mag lips, i.e. there's no ramp and worn or otherwise tweaked mags cause failures to feed.

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    The closest they have to that is an SK and it ran '81-'84.
    Apologies, this was supposed to SH not SK.

User

Thanks again. Good to know and mags ARE expensive ex USA.

User

Have owned a Citation 2 for many many years - given to me by my father ( now departed)- used it to shoot metallic silhouette with in the 90s.. not quite a match for my Exemplar in the prone position ( not really a fair comparison anyways) but standing ! eish .. my go to gun

where do you find spare mags ??

Once my sons comps are through it will be transferred to him , third generation Hi Standard !

User

I haven't seen any for sale locally but they are available in the US. Your son is a lucky fella! The licensing for mine has hit a wall as it has not been successfully transferred from the deceased estate that it came from.

User

Oh no ��

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    Oh no ��
    Ja, ballache of note. Deceased estates and the CFR are not a combination for impatient cissies . . . . . . like me.

User

What is the problem with the CFR and estate firearms? I applied for my late wife's and my dad's firearms this year and they were both approved in less time than many of my others had taken. They were part of a batch of 4 apps so perhaps that played a role?

User

The ones I have bought have been from estates to which I am not connected and over the executors of whom I have no leverage. You need cooperation and paperwork from them and when they are 'commercial' executors they have zero incentive to help you.

This gun was 'in dealer stock' and the dealer doing the storing gave me the 350 and 271 with their details filled in. When I handed in the license application my DFO called me the next day to say that the gun was still licensed in the name of the deceased. Upon the gents from GOSA looking into it for me it turned out the transfer application had been deficient and can only be resolved by provision of docs from the executor. I would not have bought it if I knew that it was an estate gun due to my previous bruises. Thankfully it was cheap enough that if it doesn't come through I can just kick my ass and move on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast