Default Handgun training courses

Hi All

Can anyone give me some recommendations for handgun training courses in the JHB area? Beginner and intermediate level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Handgun training courses

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Hi All

Can anyone give me some recommendations for handgun training courses in the JHB area? Beginner and intermediate level.

If you are willing to travel a small wee bit more to Pta side, you can check out The Edge Shooting. Leo Prinsloo is the instructor there and offers various levels of courses and are cheapish. Only if your are willing

User

Maybe give a bit more detail, so beginner and intermediate in terms of firearm handling and shooting, self defence, competition shooting, etc. as these are usually different in terms of who or where you go to.

User

My 2c here:

Do a fundamentals course just to familiarize yourself with a firearm. (this is for other beginners as you say that you are already intermediate)

Get involved with sport shooting but be careful it is extremely addictive and can easily become expensive but at the other end it does not have to be.

Once you start participating in club shoots etc, you will quickly promote your shooting and manipulating of the firearm (especially handgun), this in turn automatically promotes safety. Once you know what to do with the hardware you can (if you want) go and learn how to rack your gun on your boot when you only have one arm or leg or shoot out of cars, kill houses, or tactical scenario's.

More to your point. Join the Guns at Work FB page, plenty sport shooters hang around there to train as well as offer training courses.

Tactical HQ in Fourways has a guy that does 1 on 1 training courses on their range
    You can also hire different types of firearms from them to use on their range

Quote Originally Posted by John87 View Post
    If you are willing to travel a small wee bit more to Pta side, you can check out The Edge Shooting. Leo Prinsloo is the instructor there and offers various levels of courses and are cheapish. Only if your are willing
    The lone operator course run by Deon Coetzee and Leo covers alot of modules relating to shooting and surviving a gun fight. The course does require commitment but well worth it!!!!

Instructors are excellent with a few ex-task force okes with a combined wealth of knowledge.

Also check out Adrian Rosslee from Magnum United, again another excellent instructor who helped me survive one of those WTF moments!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Hi All

Terrick Naude or Adriaan and Billy Roslee from Tactical Defense Institute based at Magnum United shooting range would be my two top recommendations.