Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Default Re: Why the Byrna and other non lethal kits is a kak-idee (shit idea for those that can not underst

I knife most certainly has its place.
    Fixed blades are superior to folders.
    Practice access and learn where the juicy stuff sits.
    Understand how blood changes the dynamics and how slippery it is. You can simulate this.
    Practise under duress until it fails.

User

Default Re: Why the Byrna and other non lethal kits is a kak-idee (shit idea for those that can not underst

KENTUCKY BALLISTICS YouTube:

Less lethal handguns. Gimmick or Legitimate.

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

User

It seems the Byrna approach is popular with the security industry in this country.

Arming guards with real firearms is expensive can lead to a massive legal cluster fuck if things go wrong… enter the Byrna.

As far as I’m aware the Fortis guys have had great success with using pepper-ball launcher type stuff in apprehending stock thieves.

Very particular purposes but we choose the right tool for the job, I suppose.

For defensive use, this is not the right tool.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    It seems the Byrna approach is popular with the security industry in this country.

Arming guards with real firearms is expensive can lead to a massive legal cluster fuck if things go wrong… enter the Byrna.
    Which area is that if I may ask, must be a small Company, right?

Silly because the BYRNA HD KIT is R6 000, YES six thousand Randalas, you could get a Taurus G3 for R7 000, Girsan MC9 for R8 000 and a Glock 17 Gen 3 for R8 500. But yes proficiently, competency and licensing are a process.

User

Unfortunately can’t disclose details as this was a job interview they also mentioned the JPX defender. I didn’t fancy going up against armed assailants with these measures, so I’m still on the shelf so to speak.

User

On further investigation it is also clients who are demanding ‘less lethal’ because they are anti gun. An ironic situation, you are already outsourcing self defence because you are not capable of it yourself. But you then dictate to the professional you have hired how to do their job. The Clover strike killing comes to mind.

User

On further investigation it is also clients who are demanding ‘less lethal’ because they are anti gun. An ironic situation, you are already outsourcing self defence because you are not capable of it yourself. But you then dictate to the professional you have hired how to do their job. The Clover strike killing comes to mind.
    Are you serious?
    I have never heard of that, how could that ever make sense…
    Are those applications to move to Mars still open?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Unfortunately I am serious. Difficult for me to try and explain the mentality as I don’t understand it myself.

i suppose that anti gunners like Adele Kirsten and Adriaan Basson need to live somewhere and they will make demands on how the affairs of the estate are run, and how it must fit their agenda. Can’t imagine how else such a situation may arise.

User

Unfortunately I am serious. Difficult for me to try and explain the mentality as I don’t understand it myself.

i suppose that anti gunners like Adele Kirsten and Adriaan Basson need to live somewhere and they will make demands on how the affairs of the estate are run, and how it must fit their agenda. Can’t imagine how else such a situation may arise.
    They might as well just have a small battalion of Impi's on standby, traditional clothing and all, they will be more successful and probably cost the same....

My local security company uses the cheapest pistols they can get, and the training, oh whats that.... Still better than a pointy stick though? Maybe not, some security reaction officers are of a bigger danger to their clients when they start swinging pistols around than what they are to the criminals....

I feel that some armed response companies see their reaction officers simply as a backstop for their customers, then you get security companies who take their shit seriously.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast