Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Why the Byrna and other non lethal kits is a kak-idee (shit idea for those that can not underst

Quote Originally Posted by inanabhay View Post
    The sad reality is that a very large number (if not the majority) of firearms owners, don't EDC. They keep their "EDC" pieces in the safe, firmly "believing" that they are safe.
    Case in point the jong farm manager (39) killed with a panga in the Danielskuil area a few days ago. Not one of them armed and the farm owner had to stand behind the security gate and watch it all happen. Makes my blood boil when our farmers are not armed or have weapons locked in a safe...

User

Default Re: Why the Byrna and other non lethal kits is a kak-idee (shit idea for those that can not underst

Quote Originally Posted by inanabhay View Post
    The sad reality is that a very large number (if not the majority) of firearms owners, don't EDC. They keep their "EDC" pieces in the safe, firmly "believing" that they are safe.
    An equally sad reality is that some people who EDC have no training, don't practice and do FA maintenance on their guns. I had a relative at the range once and when his trusty ED piece went click instead of bang a strip down revealed a firing pin corroded in place, a magazine similarly corroded and almost stuck and green rather than brassy ammo in it.

User

My idea was to get a co2 gun simply to practice target shooting.

The damn thing is so noisy, nevermind legality of urban shooting.

So its a paperweight right now.

And yes trying to defend yourself with one of these is the same as a knife at a gun fight

User

Quote Originally Posted by rakabos View Post
    My idea was to get a co2 gun simply to practice target shooting.

The damn thing is so noisy, nevermind legality of urban shooting.

So its a paperweight right now.

And yes trying to defend yourself with one of these is the same as a knife at a gun fight
    A knife under 10feet is more dangerous then a gun according to a FBI report. And it is lethal.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MSW2 View Post
    Have you considered a smaller fa and deep concealment? If you do it right nobody will know.
    I’m in theatre, so wearing scrubs makes any concealment nearly impossible.
    When I worked in Cape Town in a gangridden area hospital, I used to keep a pistol in my backpack which stayed with me where-ever I went.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
    When I worked in Cape Town in a gangridden area hospital, I used to keep a pistol in my backpack which stayed with me where-ever I went.
    I've got a cousin who's a doctor, and works in theater as well. I got him a glock 43x which he will ankle carry.
    Not the ideal position, but better for the gun to be on him than at home in the safe

A knife under 10feet is more dangerous then a gun according to a FBI report. And it is lethal.
    Unless you get shot in the head of course.....

User

Ok. Then you are a bit screwed. Not totally, but... I have on occasion used a Taurus PT51 with a belly band in a very non-permissive environment. Not ideal but at least I had something on me.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Unless you get shot in the head of course.....
    The study is based on how hard it is to hit an incredibly aggressive fast charging attacker right in the head under extreme stress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    The study is based on how hard it is to hit an incredibly aggressive fast charging attacker right in the head under extreme stress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sure I understand, but that watermelon gets close enough and you fire off even one round that hits and that person will be incapacitated, never mind unloading a whole mag.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast