Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jojo setup info

User

Default Re: Jojo setup info

Quote Originally Posted by Ocali View Post
    Hi folks ,
    A bit of a resurrection here …
    So the water situation in phoenix(durban) is becoming more and more unstable ..

So I am now embarking on this journey albeit very late.. but nevertheless.

Anyone got anything else to add to above?

I have some size restrictions, mainly as there is no external access to my back yard , so to get the tank delivered to me is the first issue, I think a 1000liter slim line tank will be the easiest.

I think maybe connecting to the mainline will be the best system? Float system to detect the level in the tank and it fills at a certain level etc etc ..
    I have a tiled patio covered by a carport, I wanted to install it under the carport , to avoid theft of pumps and such , can I just place it on the tiled floor?

Any input would be appreciated.
    Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Try make a plan to get it to the back and out of sight. the tanks are really not heavy at all. Can even be taken over the roof when empty.
    Careful about placing it on tiles. 1000l will weigh a ton (literally) and if the edges of the tiles are not smooth or uneven could damage and lead to issues over time.

A 5000L tank weighs around 80-90Kg. It can be handled by 2 people, 3 will be better. We had to once lift it over a 3m high wall. Do it after leaving it in the sun to heat up a bit. It is more flexible and less chance for damage if dropped by accident.

My neighbour had to bring his 2 tanks in via my backyard. We lifted it over the 1.8m wall to get it into his yard. Speak to your neighbour. 5000L tanks are usually better value for money.

User

I have done some thinking, and I might have come up with a solution to get the tank into my yard , I might have to inconvenience 2 neighbours, but I think it can work .

So a 5000ltr tank is now on the cards .

User

I went down the road of a Well point to feed the Jojo. , vs the Municipal route. But I think using the municipal route , to fill the Jojo to then feed the house is my easiest route for now . And I will be getting a smaller size Jojo, for water catchment.

Will update with current costs as I go along .
    Cheers chaps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2