Thread: Nyala hunt

User

Default Nyala hunt

After spending many years reading this hunting forums many threads,I purchased a Howa .308 rifle and got it home late last year.

My two boys have spearfished for several years but hunting was new to us.We have practiced shooting off sticks for a few weekends before this long weekend and I have managed to get the boys fairly confident in their shooting.

We hunted the Umkomaas valley this weekend and both of them ended up with a young Nyala bull each. I think that this is the start of an expensive hobby but so worth the time spent with my boys.

Thanks for all the info that many of you have put up on this forum.It has certainly helped a beginner like me.

User

Default Re: Nyala hunt

Quote Originally Posted by roryf View Post
    After spending many years reading this hunting forums many threads,I purchased a Howa .308 rifle and got it home late last year.

My two boys have spearfished for several years but hunting was new to us.We have practiced shooting off sticks for a few weekends before this long weekend and I have managed to get the boys fairly confident in their shooting.

We hunted the Umkomaas valley this weekend and both of them ended up with a young Nyala bull each. I think that this is the start of an expensive hobby but so worth the time spent with my boys.

Thanks for all the info that many of you have put up on this forum.It has certainly helped a beginner like me.
    Waidmannsheil

Banned

Hi Rory, you won't find many comments or congratulations because we simply don't believe it A picture speaks a thousand words

Hope it is the first of many more! Well done.

User

I have tried to attach a picture but it doesn’t want to go through.I am not sure if it is because of my low post count or my complete incompetence?

Banned

I have tried to attach a picture but it doesn’t want to go through.I am not sure if it is because of my low post count or my complete incompetence?
    Probably the latter

Banned

Use imgur.com

Well done and congrats

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk