Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Face Masks

User

Default Face Masks

Anyone going to continue using them?

Sent from my PPA-LX2 using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Face Masks

I actually have a Dr. appointment today, I reckon I should take one with for the waiting room just in case? Its not exactly like a grocery store were you can tell the security guard and the owner to go fuckemselves and support another store...

But NO, Hell no, I barely used them through the pandemic, I would wear them around my chin.

I feel sorry for the average mall/shop door security, because now he is just a backstop in case of a robbery again and not an all mighty "weres your mask" god.

User

Norravok. For quite a while i have only put one on when asked and then only where I didn't have to opportunity to get whatever I wanted somewhere else. Have had surprisingly little push back. Deep down I'm sure most people know its been a pantomime prop.

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Norravok. For quite a while i have only put one on when asked and then only where I didn't have to opportunity to get whatever I wanted somewhere else. Have had surprisingly little push back. Deep down I'm sure most people know its been a pantomime prop.
    Weve had the same in CPT. Most shops did not even bother to have their staff wear it. Nor customers.
    It was wear if you want to for long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I actually have a Dr. appointment today, I reckon I should take one with for the waiting room just in case? Its not exactly like a grocery store were you can tell the security guard and the owner to go fuckemselves and support another store...

But NO, Hell no, I barely used them through the pandemic, I would wear them around my chin.

I feel sorry for the average mall/shop door security, because now he is just a backstop in case of a robbery again and not an all mighty "weres your mask" god.
    And that same doos trying to give you instructions on how to wear the mask. I have quietly and calmly told them to fuck off in beautifully spoken Xhosa. This
    was the basis of a complaint by a security guard to the manager - that I could understand his instructions perfectly in English and Xhosa. The manager asked if it
    was necessary to use foul language. It was then that I decided to tell him to fuck off too. Maybe I should go back there again just for the hell of it. For the specials mos.

User

So you felt it justified using foul language to the security guard just trying to do his job although he might not even be in support of the mask policy?

Quote Originally Posted by Luker View Post
    And that same doos trying to give you instructions on how to wear the mask. I have quietly and calmly told them to fuck off in beautifully spoken Xhosa. This
    was the basis of a complaint by a security guard to the manager - that I could understand his instructions perfectly in English and Xhosa. The manager asked if it
    was necessary to use foul language. It was then that I decided to tell him to fuck off too. Maybe I should go back there again just for the hell of it. For the specials mos.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bundu Ric View Post
    So you felt it justified using foul language to the security guard just trying to do his job although he might not even be in support of the mask policy?
    The vast majority of people are just trying to keep their jobs. If you're not self employed your 'range of free motion' is severely constrained. A security guard at the door of a shop is more constrained in his actions than most of us.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bundu Ric View Post
    I left the guards alone mostly. Shop owners and managers with an attitude, they got told to go fuck themselves.

Banned

A mask in a waiting room full of sick people actually makes sense....I only go to the Dr to get a script for my chronic meds and I always try stay away from people sneezing and coughing all over the place.....

User

Quote Originally Posted by MSW2 View Post
    I left the guards alone mostly. Shop owners and managers with an attitude, the got told to go fuck themselves.
    many security guards had a fucked up attitude about masks, same as the store clerks in malls shouting at you to sanitize once you 3 meters past them all ready, but yes, I didnt take out frustrations on security guards but rather their employers 99% of the time...

Do we still need to sanitize our hands with that stupid liquid upon entering a shop or has that also fallen away?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast