Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: At least 21 people found dead in South African nightclub

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    So what is cause of death? Crushed in stampede or home brewed alcohol?
    My money is on drugs, probably smoked something in a hubbly or something like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    So what is cause of death? Crushed in stampede or home brewed alcohol?
    One of the survivors said that tear gas was pumped in and they couldn't breath. This seems unlikely because some dropped dead while dancing and others while eating. If it was tear gas there would be a lot more crowd related injuries. It has to be some for of toxin. Bad alcohol, house drugs etc. If there was a fire in the place and bad circulation it could even be carbon monoxide poisoning.

User

Quote Originally Posted by gary-t View Post
    One of the survivors said that tear gas was pumped in and they couldn't breath. This seems unlikely because some dropped dead while dancing and others while eating. If it was tear gas there would be a lot more crowd related injuries. It has to be some for of toxin. Bad alcohol, house drugs etc. If there was a fire in the place and bad circulation it could even be carbon monoxide poisoning.
    I don't buy the teargas story either. My money is on bucket brewed rot gut alcohol.

User

Quote Originally Posted by gary-t View Post
    For sure not teargas. Just think, nice and sweaty from dancing... My late wife and her friends were in a place (Shaft in Pta) when someone threw teargas in . Crowded and dark and on the first floor and everyone got out safely. Twenty year old women experiencing teargas for the first time :)
    And nobody wil stay seated to finish a meal with teargas floating around.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MSW2 View Post
    For sure not teargas. Just think, nice and sweaty from dancing... My late wife and her friends were in a place (Shaft in Pta) when someone threw teargas in . Crowded and dark and on the first floor and everyone got out safely. Twenty year old women experiencing teargas for the first time :)
    And nobody wil stay seated to finish a meal with teargas floating around.
    There was a bit of a club war going on between JHB CBD clubs in the 80's and I was in quite a few that got teargassed by rivals. No-one ever died and I don't even remember an injury serious enough for an ambulance occuring.

User

The fact that they don’t know what happened yet is the most puzzling thing about the story.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    The fact that they don’t know what happened yet is the most puzzling thing about the story.
    I'd imagine that toxicology takes a while. If its anything like forensic ballistics even more of a while.

I've just seen a screenshot of the facebook ad for the event and it mentions booze and hookah. Not hard to imagine some sketchy shit making its way into whatever they serve in the pipes to give them a bit of kick.

User

Just talking in general, it’s not the dark ages anymore, they won’t shot or stabbed so they got poisoned by something or someone.
    By now they should have sampled it, must be, so tell the world they were poisoned by “this”.
    Then you don’t have all the speculation and nonsense, later you can tell the world how or why or by whom.

Got to be some sort of toxin in the house brew. Tavern owner is going to get taken to the cleaners. Parents have to take responsibility too.

User

Parenting? In a country who has THOUSANDS of child headed households as the after effect of HIV
    Many who are older now grew up as house heads due to governments initial failure on anti-retros, so now we expect the same people to lead by example?

Parenting, or good parenting is not exactly across the board

Even in suburbia, alot of parents do not parent

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast