Default Muzzleloader Competency - Card or Certificate

Hi guys,

I recently had my muzzle-loader competency approved (albeit 2 months ago) after a wait of over a year.

I've tried 3 different DFO's and none can tell me if the competency is card or printed format, and they cannot print one for me.

Anyone have a clue about what the norm now is?

User

Default Re: Muzzleloader Competency - Card or Certificate

I think that they have stopped making the cards, you just need a print out from DFO.

They MUST print it for you.

Even with the cards, last year I got a print out from DFO the day my further comp' was approved. Applied for license with comp' print out same day. Card came a month or so later. No idea what purpose it serves.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Hi guys,

I recently had my muzzle-loader competency approved (albeit 2 months ago) after a wait of over a year.

I've tried 3 different DFO's and none can tell me if the competency is card or printed format, and they cannot print one for me.

Mine was a printout 4 or 5 months back

Ive done mine some time back. And have a Card.some years ago

However when I renewed my other competencies some years ago. All was on printed paper.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Hi guys,

@Beefcake.

Greetings,

they DO NOT print / manufacture competency cards anymore it came to an end in early 2020.

You can collect a A4 printout from your local Police Station (Firearm Registry Office) where you applied, if they are refusing then go chat to the Station Commander of the Police Station.

FYI: The best is, scan and upload to Google Drive (or similar), then laminate it and file it away. You can also go to a different Police Station, which is close to your work etc. and see if they will assist with a A4 printout. All the best.