Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Potentially lethal force over a cellphone

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    The trouble with this is that it allows lesser crimes and starting criminals to flourish. The sad truth is that the honest citizens are facing malfunctioning legal system.
    Yes Ds. If you do not fix the broken windows your building ends up falling apart. With the whole neighborhood following.

User

The trouble with this is that it allows lesser crimes and starting criminals to flourish. The sad truth is that the honest citizens are facing malfunctioning legal system.
    I support the drilling of armed robbers as much as anyone, I'm just not up for the blow back that WILL come from officialdom if fat middle class, melanin deprived me is the driller. I also don't think that drilling them will reduce the supply of aspirant armed robbers, the propensity for the police to arrest or the NPA to prosecute them. No amount of armed citizen action is going to fix what's broken.

Banned

We are in a catch-22.

Defend yourself and face consequences - on the long and short term. These are thing like legal fees, accusations, false charges etc. And all of these wont stop the downward slide of SA.

Don't defend yourself and face consequences- on the long and short term. These are things like further crime, less security, higher joblessness etc. And all of these will aid the downward slide of SA.

User

I guess you want to keep your self defence monopoly ticket intact until you are in a real fight for your life situation…. Better to be tried by twelve than carried by six.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    I guess you want to keep your self defence monopoly ticket intact until you are in a real fight for your life situation…. Better to be tried by twelve than carried by six.
    We dont have a jury system, here you get tried by 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    Figure of speech - he means better to go to court than be dead.
    Exactly

User

Yes Ds. And the next victim may get a knife in the chest for his cell phone. That armed robber is not brandishing a knife just for show.

Our legal system is not just malfunctioning, it is completely broken. Previously any citizen could make a citizen's arrest for schedule 1 offences using minimum force, thus knife - cap his ass without comebacks.

User

You have hit the nail on the head. Malfunctioning legal system it is.

Three weeks ago I testified in court after been working in Cape Town for 4 years. Yet I get a subpoena every month or so, cases get remanded left right and centre for stupid reasons.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    Figure of speech - he means better to go to court than be dead.
    I know the figure of speech, its not applicable to us.

Whether you go to jail or not. Pulling the trigger has a 99.98% of changing your life for the foreseeable future.

Either by legal fees or by charges sticking.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast