User

Default Howa 1500 LA action diameter

Gents, I'm in the process of determining the correct scope ring height. Can anyone assist with the action diameter for 7mm rem mag. {still waiting on licence card}.

Want to fit APW 20MOA rail with Vortex Venom 5-25x56

Thanks.

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Howa 1500 LA action diameter

Try here https://www.optics-trade.eu/int/cont...ong-0-moa.html

There is a drawing which gives a radius, your barrel profile may be a big factor if you want to go low.

User

I'm quite sure they all have the same action diameters.
    I have a Diamondback Tactical with 50mm objective on my Howa SA, mounted on a Warne MountainTech 20MOA rail, in Warne Maxima Low mounts. Objective still comfortably clears the (thick) barrel. but I'm not sure if it will clear for a 56mm objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    I'm quite sure they all have the same action diameters.
    I have a Diamondback Tactical with 50mm objective on my Howa SA, mounted on a Warne MountainTech 20MOA rail, in Warne Maxima Low mounts. Objective still comfortably clears the (thick) barrel. but I'm not sure if it will clear for a 56mm objective.
    The Venom has a 34mm tube. I’m 99% sure it will clear easily with low mounts.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by caf237 View Post
    Gents, I'm in the process of determining the correct scope ring height. Can anyone assist with the action diameter for 7mm rem mag. {still waiting on licence card}.

Want to fit APW 20MOA rail with Vortex Venom 5-25x56

Thanks.

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk
    I've tried to do this "theoretically" before and I can promise you that while you can narrow down your choice, the final solution is still to go into a gunshop (sometimes several of them) and test fit different makes & heights of ring (& even bases) to your particular combination of rifle and scope. After I'd done a whole lot of calculations to arrive at lowest possible height, I once got caught out by bolt handle not clearing the scope when set at a particular magnification because the magnification adjustment ring has a little "bump" with a screw in at at that particular point. Unfortunately that is a magnification that I still use quite a lot and I end up pinching my fingers regularly. I'm sure I can't be the only one.