Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: Long time lurker. Decided to post due to attempted hijacking

Quote Originally Posted by nmraptor93 View Post
    Well I just did this. The gun came out with not a whole lot of force.
    Thats not Ideal, you said its a Daniels Holster?
    Please do mail Michael and explain the situation to him, he is really professional and im sure he would “re mould” the holster for you to fit tighter.

I need my G48 refitted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry about your situation. I've been attacked before and it feels like such a repulsive violation. I'm not discrediting the advice of others but I must say that sometimes the brain demands strange actions when in an emergency and there is no simulation for this experience of oatmeal brain. It sounds to me as though your reaction was exceptional. Don't be hard on yourself. I count this as an emphatic victory and you never know what might have happened, had you shot one of these creatures. if he had actually been unarmed, it might have become nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Thats not Ideal, you said its a Daniels Holster?
    Please do mail Michael and explain the situation to him, he is really professional and im sure he would “re mould” the holster for you to fit tighter.

I need my G48 refitted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ah okay will do. Thank you so much for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by aMATTeur View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry about your situation. I've been attacked before and it feels like such a repulsive violation. I'm not discrediting the advice of others but I must say that sometimes the brain demands strange actions when in an emergency and there is no simulation for this experience of oatmeal brain. It sounds to me as though your reaction was exceptional. Don't be hard on yourself. I count this as an emphatic victory and you never know what might have happened, had you shot one of these creatures. if he had actually been unarmed, it might have become nasty.
    Yes, that's exactly how it feels like. I'm glad I got through this with no seriously negative outcomes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nmraptor93 View Post
    Yes, that's exactly how it feels like. I'm glad I got through this with no seriously negative outcomes.
    Hi Raptor,

Please allow me to say a few words on the aftermath of trauma. As a medical practitioner you probably know most of this, I say it nonetheless.

You did really well in the situation. Unfortunately, things like thoughts, feelings and emotions can not be seen, yet they can be as destructive as physical trauma.

Hence I want to ask you to take very good care of yourself and your passenger. The results of the trauma often start showing roughly three months afterward.

If you mind starts racing, or your thoughts start making circles, or something similar - please go see a professional on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Hi Raptor,

Please allow me to say a few words on the aftermath of trauma. As a medical practitioner you probably know most of this, I say it nonetheless.

You did really well in the situation. Unfortunately, things like thoughts, feelings and emotions can not be seen, yet they can be as destructive as physical trauma.

Hence I want to ask you to take very good care of yourself and your passenger. The results of the trauma often start showing roughly three months afterward.

If you mind starts racing, or your thoughts start making circles, or something similar - please go see a professional on this.
    Thank you so much. I will keep this in mind and stay vigilant.

Just saw this post now, Glad to have read that you and your passenger came out physically fine. Amen.

Members any suggestions for good trainers / training academies for SD using a Firearm especially when in a vehicle. I cannot see how i will be able to quickly and safely draw my firearm when i'm in a vehicle. I'm Gauteng )(PTA) based.

Last September as per one of my previous posts my cousin was Hi-Jacked and shot 4 x in Domer Ave, Queenswood, PTA. He did not survive. Talk and speculation is that he was shot because he did not comply, basically he continued to reverse whilst the hijacking was in progress. They tried to hijack him whilst vehicle was being reversed from a driveway. What i'm getting to is, is it advisable to react defensively ( lack of a better term...) whilst the hijacking is taking place or is it best to comply especially if they have a firearm?

B.T.W it's almost a year since the incident and not a single arrest , clue , nothing from SAPS. Sad thing is that he was an ex SAPS employee.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4