Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Long time lurker. Decided to post due to attempted hijacking

Quote Originally Posted by Bundu Ric View Post
    Out of interest, could you see if any of them were armed?
    Honestly it happened so fast that I didnt get time to see everything. But I think one of them on my side had a knife. There is a long scrape on my arm that looks remarkably like a scrape with a sharp object.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    Shew -- thanks for sharing your experience (and well done). I know that you are frustrated by what happened, but please bear in mind that things never (and I mean, never) work out how you might have mentally expected/played out in your mind how an event like this would be, prior to the actual incident happening.

Agree with the comments of some of our other members.... this means:--

1/ get some proper FA and defensive training from a competent trainer (and not the cool, FB wannabee trainer stuff). If you are based in/near to Gauteng, I and others can recommend some good trainers.

2/ check that your EDC kit works (or replace it). By this I mean, check the retention and fit on your holster and, if necessary, get a better one.

3/ work on (and continuously try to improve) your situational awareness. BG's are like hyenas, they will generally give away what their intentions are, so be vigilant.

4/ speak to and make your family aware of the above (and get them to also work on their own situational awareness). More eyes is always better than fewer eyes when one is out and about.

5/ try not to go to sketchy places... and especially at sketchy times (a really good SA trainer always says "... play stupid games, in stupid places, with stupid people, at stupid times... win stupid prizes).

Good luck with the EDC and defensive journey....
    All great advice. Will do sir

Quote Originally Posted by McD2304 View Post
    If it was a questionable holster , easy resolve.
    Daniels holster is a industry accepted quality solution, so back to the original question how did it happen then ?
    Under normal circumstances are you happy with the retention and this particular firearm you using in it ?
    When you drew your legs up to kick whilst laying back did your thigh maybe contact bottom of holster/weapon, could that motion have dislodged it ?
    Just tried it in my chair and there certainly some pressure on the holster from bottom of it up.
    Was your safety belt off whilst waiting ?
    Holster has not given me any problems except that day. How much retention should it normally have ? The kicking movement is the only explanation I have too.
    Seat belt is always off when the car is not moving.

User

Did you not draw the firearm when you suspected something was up and had it between your legs or close by.

If it was the holster and it jumped out when you were kicking then firearm should of landed on the road or the floor of the car not back in your seat

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

User

Greetings nmraptor93,

First off I believe the main blessing here is, that you and your passenger walked away from this without sustaining any serious injuries, and that there is the win.
    I believe that is what any person would hope for in a attack.

May I ask, in which Province did this happen?

Were any of the attacker's wearing balaclavas, gloves or any facial coverings etc. if you can recall.

Was there any verbal interaction from any of the attacker's at you or your passenger, at any point?

This is just my own thoughts, maybe when you were kicking, you were at an angle and it was so aggressive that your thigh could have somehow dislodged your FA, or in the altercation he might have grabbed at your FA and slightly "loosen" it without you noticing it.

Anyways, keep safe and I'm glad you made it out.

User

Million $ question (and calls for speculation) - what do you think you would have done if you had successfully drawn your FA?

User

Quote Originally Posted by nmraptor93 View Post
    Holster has not given me any problems except that day. How much retention should it normally have ? The kicking movement is the only explanation I have too.
    Seat belt is always off when the car is not moving.
    Take the unloaded gun empty chamber, insert a full mag, insert into holster, hold upside down with minimal pressure on holster, shake like hell up and down, if the gun cones out easily then the holster is no good…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by iceman108 View Post
    Did you not draw the firearm when you suspected something was up and had it between your legs or close by.

If it was the holster and it jumped out when you were kicking then firearm should of landed on the road or the floor of the car not back in your seat

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk
    No I didn't draw it beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Branden88 View Post
    Greetings nmraptor93,

First off I believe the main blessing here is, that you and your passenger walked away from this without sustaining any serious injuries, and that there is the win.
    I believe that is what any person would hope for in a attack.

May I ask, in which Province did this happen?

Were any of the attacker's wearing balaclavas, gloves or any facial coverings etc. if you can recall.

Was there any verbal interaction from any of the attacker's at you or your passenger, at any point?

This is just my own thoughts, maybe when you were kicking, you were at an angle and it was so aggressive that your thigh could have somehow dislodged your FA, or in the altercation he might have grabbed at your FA and slightly "loosen" it without you noticing it.

Anyways, keep safe and I'm glad you made it out.
    This happened in the Free State. No face coverings or gloves. They were shouting a whole lot of stuff when I started to fight back. But I didn't understand any of it. I believe this could also be the case and I didn't notice during the heat of the moment.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Take the unloaded gun empty chamber, insert a full mag, insert into holster, hold upside down with minimal pressure on holster, shake like hell up and down, if the gun cones out easily then the holster is no good…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well I just did this. The gun came out with not a whole lot of force.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast