Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Change of Address

I'm aware that I am required to notify SAPS of change of address. That's simple enough, but is there a time limit ie must I notify SAPS "X" days before my move, or do I get "X" days in which to do it after I have moved?

Banned

Default Re: Change of Address

Regulations i.t.o. FCA Act.

Change of address
    100. (1) A notification of the change of an address as required under the Act must be submitted to the relevant Designated Firearms Officer on the applicable form prescribed in Annexure “A”.
    (2) With every notification for a change of the physical address the relevant Designated Firearms Officer must ensure that the safe custody facilities at the new address complies with the applicable provision in regulation 86.

Thanks driepootx. So there are no time limits. I'll get the form (my word they have a form for everything, don't they?) and hand it in the day before or on the day.

Banned

Our DFO (deceased) told me in 2017 that one has thirty days to notify the SAPS.

I do not know where or how he obtained the knowledge.

Some DFO's change directly on the system. And leave the paperwork aside.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Our DFO (deceased) told me in 2017 that one has thirty days to notify the SAPS.

I do not know where or how he obtained the knowledge.
    Guys, have you read the ACT?

Notification of change of address

25. (1) The holder of a licence, permit or authorisation issued in terms of this Chapter must in writing notify the Registrar of any change in his or her physical or postal address within 30 days of such change occurring.

(2) The Registrar must within 30 days after receiving a notice referred to in subsection
    (1) acknowledge receipt of that notice in writing.

Notification of change of circumstances

26. (1) The holder of a licence, permit or authorisation issued in terms of this Chapter must notify the Registrar in writing within 30 days if there is any change with regard to any information which was submitted in respect of the application for the issue of that licence, permit or authorisation.

(2) The Registrar must within 30 days after receiving a notice referred to in subsection
    (1) acknowledge receipt of that notice in writing.

User

Quote Originally Posted by JhbBoy View Post
    Guys, have you read the ACT?

[I](2) The Registrar must within 30 days .......(1) acknowledge receipt of that notice in writing.
    And here is the root of the problem. Did anyone received such confirmation?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Zuku View Post
    And here is the root of the problem. Did anyone received such confirmation?
    Normally. most folks who have gone through proficiency training will receive a training manual and most, if not all, of the Act is reproduced in that guide and their formative assessment contained questions relevant to the Act.

The Critical Cross-Field Outcomes in the unit Standard specifically refer to the relevant sections of the Act..
    "
    Critical Cross-field Outcomes (CCFO):
    UNIT STANDARD CCFO COLLECTING
    Collect, analyse, organize and critically evaluate information when demonstrating knowledge of the Act.
    UNIT STANDARD CCFO COMMUNICATING
    Communicating with others when explaining the legislative prescripts of the Act.
    UNIT STANDARD ASSESSOR CRITERIA
    N/A

REREGISTRATION HISTORY
    As per the SAQA Board decision/s at that time, this unit standard was Reregistered in 2012; 2015.
    UNIT STANDARD NOTES
    The following sections of the Firearms Control Act, 2000 (Act No. 60 of 2000), as amended, are applicable to the possession of firearms:
    CHAPTER 12 - GENERAL PROVISIONS:
    Regulation 94: Surrendering of firearms and ammunition
    Regulation 99: Deferment of licences, permit authorisation in case of theft or loss of firearm
    Regulation 100: Change of address
    Regulation 107: Change of circumstances "
    (https://allqs.saqa.org.za/showUnitSt....php?id=117705)

Pray tell...where did you complete proficiency training?

User

Quote Originally Posted by JhbBoy View Post
    Normally. most folks who have gone through proficiency training will receive a training manual and most, if not all, of the Act is reproduced in that guide and their formative assessment contained questions relevant to the Act.

The Critical Cross-Field Outcomes in the unit Standard specifically refer to the relevant sections of the Act..
    "
    Critical Cross-field Outcomes (CCFO):
    UNIT STANDARD CCFO COLLECTING
    Collect, analyse, organize and critically evaluate information when demonstrating knowledge of the Act.
    UNIT STANDARD CCFO COMMUNICATING
    Communicating with others when explaining the legislative prescripts of the Act.
    UNIT STANDARD ASSESSOR CRITERIA
    N/A

REREGISTRATION HISTORY
    As per the SAQA Board decision/s at that time, this unit standard was Reregistered in 2012; 2015.
    UNIT STANDARD NOTES
    The following sections of the Firearms Control Act, 2000 (Act No. 60 of 2000), as amended, are applicable to the possession of firearms:
    CHAPTER 12 - GENERAL PROVISIONS:
    Regulation 94: Surrendering of firearms and ammunition
    Regulation 99: Deferment of licences, permit authorisation in case of theft or loss of firearm
    Regulation 100: Change of address
    Regulation 107: Change of circumstances "
    (https://allqs.saqa.org.za/showUnitSt....php?id=117705)

Pray tell...where did you complete proficiency training?
    Eish, It looks like that this statement
    "And here is the root of the problem. Did anyone received such confirmation?" was meant for if you put in a change of adres, the registrar is supposed to acknowledge the change. Or am I having it wrong?

User

Herein lies the rub. They cannot hold you responsible if they don't acknowledge your communications. They can hold you responsible if you don't hold by their rules.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast