Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: TheQM – Bump Cap

And the confessions keep coming.....
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

Agree I even saw that one lady wearing a cap like this a few times.....what was her name again? O yes justine bieber, would not be caught dead in a cap like this....but... A style reffered to by @Skaaphaas would definitely get me to buy one

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

User

While the bump cap is designed to protect your scalp from bumping into things, it is quite ironic that these style caps actually cause you to bump your head. It does this by removing a large part of your peripheral vision in front of you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    While the bump cap is designed to protect your scalp from bumping into things, it is quite ironic that these style caps actually cause you to bump your head. It does this by removing a large part of your peripheral vision in front of you.
    100% - the enforcement of the wearing of hard hats on industrial sites without regard for where you are and what you’re doing has caused me to smash into things because of restricted peripheral vision exactly as you mention. I presume a crush injury to my neck vertebrae is allowed, but don’t you ever not wear your hard hat.

The style referred to by Skaaphaas would perhaps not restrict vision too much.

I've managed to 'round' my peak a bit so it doesn't look like something Just-in Beaver would wear.
    It takes a bit of work and it's not perfect, but it's better than the flat flap salute.

Mine lives in my car, next to all my other 'don't get killed' gear.

-MAG

User

Quote Originally Posted by HadEnuf View Post
    100% - the enforcement of the wearing of hard hats on industrial sites without regard for where you are and what you’re doing has caused me to smash into things because of restricted peripheral vision exactly as you mention. I presume a crush injury to my neck vertebrae is allowed, but don’t you ever not wear your hard hat.
    Exactly my experience too. I think once one recognises that PPE policy is designed to protect management's ass more than protect the employees doing the work, the whole situation becomes understandable but still not agreeable.

I've also seen people being caught and injured as a result of having to wear safety harnesses in an industrial environment.

To this day I swear blind that if we'd had to wear the same amount of safety equipment in my youth as we have to wear today, I wouldn't be alive. I did canoeing as a sport at school and one day I fell out of the canoe in a rapid and ended up pinned by the (now broken) canoe against a tree branch hanging into the river. The rudder cables were around my neck preventing the 2 pieces of the boat from being swept away. I still reckon that the only reason I didn't drown because I was wearing neither a helmet nor a life jacket, which are compulsory today, and thus was able to wriggle and squirm downwards underwater and away.

End of my rant for today............. ;-)

User

I saw this yesterday and had a look around as well. The caps hat I can find all come with the front bit all flat - I wanted to order one for when we go on holiday as the house we rent has really low doors - OK for French people but when a almost 2m South African moves around in the house he frequently bumps his head. Had scabs on my head the whole of last years holiday...

User

Just bought a few from camo- top service. Really happy with them. Left with mine on my head. They also have eyelets for a chin strap, going to do something with paracord that can be part of the look when not in use.. I think these should be mandatory in certain parts of the country. A rock or bottle to the head is most likely game over and any overtly tactical helmet may make you more of a target.

Great to meet you mootbaaj.

I am glad to report that you did not look like a skateboarder/rapper.

The Peak has a nice curve to it and you rocked it ;-)

Thanks for your support. (Hope your family appreciates what you have done for them.)
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2