Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Thoughts on the Alien Pistol

The Alien is still fairly cheap compared to the Taran Tactical Sandviper coming in at a cool $6999 compared to the $4800 for the Alien base model.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bundu Ric View Post
    The Alien is still fairly cheap compared to the Taran Tactical Sandviper coming in at a cool $6999 compared to the $4800 for the Alien base model.
    That's not ugly either. The picture, not the price label.

I find the Alien to be very good looking as well.

With my current shooting skills, I'm perfectly served by the ordinary Glocks, CZ's and 1911's.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    You dont know what you dont know until you know it….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I tried and tested many pistols especially some from all the mayor players and some not so well known - some are surprisingly good for their money and some expensive and pretty mediocre and CZ is riding the fan boys as hard as possible all the way purely on the hype and by being marginally better. Most guys I have seen that have some fancy pistols can do with more range time and training instead of buying something they cant even use properly. I have seen some matches where everyone was put to shame by a Glock 19 purely by the skills of the shooter not the pistol. but that aside - there are other options many even cheaper.

NO pistol firing 9x19 is worth R100k or more no matter how funny or fancy it looks - you load the same crap ammo that is available and probably even reload with cheap polymer coated lead casts in used cases. Just having it may be worth the money to some but not as a serious tool you are going to be pumping massive amounts of ammo through.

The innovations are pretty awesome though.

User

Quote Originally Posted by S14Phoenix View Post
    I tried and tested many pistols especially some from all the mayor players and some not so well known - some are surprisingly good for their money and some expensive and pretty mediocre and CZ is riding the fan boys as hard as possible all the way purely on the hype and by being marginally better. Most guys I have seen that have some fancy pistols can do with more range time and training instead of buying something they cant even use properly. I have seen some matches where everyone was put to shame by a Glock 19 purely by the skills of the shooter not the pistol. but that aside - there are other options many even cheaper.

NO pistol firing 9x19 is worth R100k or more no matter how funny or fancy it looks - you load the same crap ammo that is available and probably even reload with cheap polymer coated lead casts in used cases. Just having it may be worth the money to some but not as a serious tool you are going to be pumping massive amounts of ammo through.

The innovations are pretty awesome though.
    I fail to see the caliber reference?
    So If I chose to shoot in open- division and spend 70-80K to build up the near perfect competition gun (which is purely what the alien is) then my choice is not credible purely because its chambered in 9mmP?
    Thats were I disagree with you, I could even load 9mm Major and win in open, making it a valid expense.
    Its a fact that Gazz wins Standard Minor with a Glock17 with some extra bits, but us mere mortals cant afford that amount of ammo to practice and train…

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I fail to see the caliber reference?
    So If I chose to shoot in open- division and spend 70-80K to build up the near perfect competition gun (which is purely what the alien is) then my choice is not credible purely because its chambered in 9mmP?
    Thats were I disagree with you, I could even load 9mm Major and win in open, making it a valid expense.
    Its a fact that Gazz wins Standard Minor with a Glock17 with some extra bits, but us mere mortals cant afford that amount of ammo to practice and train…

Probably more accurate to say Gazz wins Standard with a Minor Glock 17 which is seriously impressive.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Samizat45 View Post
    Probably more accurate to say Gazz wins Standard with a Minor Glock 17 which is seriously impressive.
    And yet he shoots as if there is no timer, he just hurries the fuck up from what I have seen

User

I just remembered the Manurhin MR73 is back in the market. Sorry oom Laugo

User

All I am saying is that you could spend a fraction of that amount and still have a competitive weapon to the point where the weapon no longer is the factor. The caliber reference is purely to point out that it shoot the same crappy 9x19 that all the other pistols chambered in 9x19 does - not some super magic round that is somehow now superiorly accurate and with zero recoil. Being in engineering I fully appreciate what the Alien is and what innovations it brings with it. I just fail to see the logic in the price. I suppose it is the same with all tech - I will never see the logic in paying double etc. for tech that super duper now and in 1 year 1/4 of the original price. However I also think the Alien is the prime example of what should be happening in the gun industry which seemingly has very small and very little innovation and change and thinking outside the polymer box.

Case to ponder - looking at the Canik SFX Rival and the price that is presented at VS everyone making striker polymer guns just about. fraction of the price, some of the latest handgun tech, excellent performance.

User

Quote Originally Posted by S14Phoenix View Post
    All I am saying is that you could spend a fraction of that amount and still have a competitive weapon to the point where the weapon no longer is the factor. The caliber reference is purely to point out that it shoot the same crappy 9x19 that all the other pistols chambered in 9x19 does - not some super magic round that is somehow now superiorly accurate and with zero recoil. Being in engineering I fully appreciate what the Alien is and what innovations it brings with it. I just fail to see the logic in the price. I suppose it is the same with all tech - I will never see the logic in paying double etc. for tech that super duper now and in 1 year 1/4 of the original price. However I also think the Alien is the prime example of what should be happening in the gun industry which seemingly has very small and very little innovation and change and thinking outside the polymer box.

Case to ponder - looking at the Canik SFX Rival and the price that is presented at VS everyone making striker polymer guns just about. fraction of the price, some of the latest handgun tech, excellent performance.
    Ok I understand what you mean, though why do you keep calling 9x19 “crappy”?
    Have you been shot with one?
    Pretty much all rounds fired from a handgun are crap at stopping humans…

User

It's a luxury item. The overwhelming majority of people who buy it will do so because they can afford to. An evaluation of the utility value of luxury items isn't a significant factor in their purchase. Kind of like Beretta shotguns which top out at a couple of million bucks or VW group cars which end at a multiple of that. The people that buy the top end of these ranges aren't doing it because they need some feature or other and the manufacturers are supplying them because the margins are thick.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast