Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Ak UTG Side Mount - What am I doing wrong?

Hi All

I have mounted on my Type 56 a utg ak dove tail rail as well as a UTG side Mounted Rail. However the centreline of the bore does not line up with the Center line of the scope. It is off by a bit as per the picture attached

What am I doing wrong. Would something like a spacer kit on the actual dovetail remedy this and who could I go to for this in Johannesburg

Much appreciated

User

Default Re: Ak UTG Side Mount - What am I doing wrong?

Did you tighten the mounting screws simultaneously or one by one. Maybe you torque to much on one screw. Try and measure the thickness at the rear, middle and front of the mount and rail. Measure also the distance of the offset point from the top where scope mounts to the mounting holes. Sometimes a boo boo product makes it ways into the "pass" batch.

User

I have had the same experience with UTG on a 55, just make a spacer.

User

I had a UTG Pro on my Saiga and it was spot on. Doing some research before I bought it though I came across plenty people with the same issue as you. Seems to be differences across different makes/patterns.

Spacer is probably the best bet in your current situation. There’s a company in the US that makes the absolute best option for you but they are pricey and last I checked heavily backordered too. They do a two-piece that allows adjustment of the top half to compensate for said variance - https://rsregulate.com/product-category/opticmounts/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by CZsamurai View Post
    I had a UTG Pro on my Saiga and it was spot on. Doing some research before I bought it though I came across plenty people with the same issue as you. Seems to be differences across different makes/patterns.

Spacer is probably the best bet in your current situation. There’s a company in the US that makes the absolute best option for you but they are pricey and last I checked heavily backordered too. They do a two-piece that allows adjustment of the top half to compensate for said variance - https://rsregulate.com/product-category/opticmounts/

When you say best option, I would like to clarify with... best Side Mount Option.

User

On a rifle course recently that 56 with rail off center of bore preformed the most accurately, even better than AR's...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    When you say best option, I would like to clarify with... best Side Mount Option.
    Yeah well, I assumed that side mount was the option of choice since we’re talking about one already. Personally I like ‘em, but there’s other things out there too for sure.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    That's why you buy one of these:
    https://www.akalpha.co.za/product-pa...leg-dust-cover

User

How well do the UTGs hold zero? I ask this, in my paintball /airsoft days we would use UTG for those purposes and can't say they were too reliable. Gold standard for AK optics has been mentioned in this thread already, RS Regulate for side mount and ultimak for gas tube rail.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    How well do the UTGs hold zero? I ask this, in my paintball /airsoft days we would use UTG for those purposes and can't say they were too reliable. Gold standard for AK optics has been mentioned in this thread already, RS Regulate for side mount and ultimak for gas tube rail.
    And Texas Weapon Systems Dog Leg 3 railed dustcover, which is a country mile better than all of the other options combined.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast