Meteor, me thinks FFP scopes are getting sold because they where bought for the wrong purpose. It is not a simple hunting scope and as stated by others a duplex in FFP serves no real purpose. Over time the users struggle with it and blame the salesmen that told them that FFP is the surest way these days to shoot accurately.

I have one FFP scope in my arsenal that is on my 9 mm Carbine. (AR Optics.) I am still figuring it out, but for the rainbow trajectory it does help. I just don't shoot it enough over distance and from a bench to really figure it out to perfection for my application as it is such a nice plinking rifle that after a mag full of bench shots I get bored and plink off hand at whatever is lying around. (By the way, I have seen youtube clips of 200 - 300 m shots with 9 mm Carbines and had serious doubts. The other day I managed to hit a 20 l drum at 250 m with the 13 th shot by walking it in as I could see the dust from impact on the ground in the open ploughed land. The AR Optics scope is out of bounds at 300 m for a 9 mm - ha ha.)

If you take the time to figure it out and get used to hunting with a "busy" reticle, try it.