Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: There are no winners in this fight..

Quote Originally Posted by Karoobow View Post
    Where you had such a big organisation who had the membership numbers, the will power and appetite power to take matters to court
    We have had successfull court cases and GOSA has had some notable success with portfolio committees, but we have never had an organisation with big enough membership to resist attacks on our rights. Which in any case are best resisted by lots of individuals acting in loose concert, which we have also never had and which, by my recent observation, we'll never get. Classic case of fiddling while Rome burns.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    We have had successfull court cases and GOSA has had some notable success with portfolio committees, but we have never had an organisation with big enough membership to resist attacks on our rights. Which in any case are best resisted by lots of individuals acting in loose concert, which we have also never had and which, by my recent observation, we'll never get. Classic case of fiddling while Rome burns.
    Dick... you, in particular, can testify to how hard I have worked to forge unity amongst the organisations.

In the end we are left with Stephen Palos' circular firing squad.

Too many alpha personalities trying, badly, to assert dominance. And I include myself in this criticism.

This fight has now moved into the bayoneting of the wounded stage. GOSA has been damaged, but survives intact. The fight continues with our pivotal South Gauteng High Court declarator on 7 Sept, the Girls On Fire project is steaming ahead and has picked up significant support (largely through Lynette putting in more than 120 hours of work in the last month... at no charge), the Gun Buddies programme is starting to come through quite strongly.

Keep the faith.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Dick... you, in particular, can testify to how hard I have worked to forge unity amongst the organisations.

In the end we are left with Stephen Palos' circular firing squad.

Too many alpha personalities trying, badly, to assert dominance. And I include myself in this criticism.

This fight has now moved into the bayoneting of the wounded stage. GOSA has been damaged, but survives intact. The fight continues with our pivotal South Gauteng High Court declarator on 7 Sept, the Girls On Fire project is steaming ahead and has picked up significant support (largely through Lynette putting in more than 120 hours of work in the last month... at no charge), the Gun Buddies programme is starting to come through quite strongly.

Keep the faith.
    My apology if by implication I included GOSA in my remarks. Not at all. My entire argument has been that we need GOSA to spearhead the fight, but that no organisation can succeed without active back up. The point of the spear can't work without the shaft.

The whole saga is one of mutiny. The self-serving attack on Paul's integrity for personal gain is shameful in the least and, I believe, would never have held water in or outside the courts.
    Those responsible deserve to be shunned by the community. It makes me want to puke reading their fanbois posts on FB.
    That they could seek to harm everything GOSA has done for their own purposes tells you everything about their characters.
    I trust they'll be made to pay for their behaviour eventually.
    Last edited by Wanderin' Zero; 06-09-2022 at 10:38.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2