Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Steel Challenge still active?

I'd like to find out if there are still any steel challenge events in the JHB area ?

User

Default Re: Steel Challenge still active?

Yes, Jorncy Page and his crew run a very well organised operation at Black Duck Range. Practices for anyone and formal matches under USPSA if I have got it correct.

Search Steel Challenge Practice on Facebook.

User

I agree with HadEnuf ...... contact Jorncy (083 451 5997), he runs Steel Challenge Practice from Black Duck Range and also has a USPSA affiliated Steel Challenge Club called Quick Shoot. Steel Challenge Practice has shoots every Sunday at Black Duck Range. Search Steel Challenge Practice and All Rifle Challenge on FB
    You can also contact Antz (081 386 3120) of Bellum Arcus who in collaboration with Steel Challenge Practice have Steel Challenge shoots every Friday at JMPD Range.
    You can also contact Guns at Work in the Knight Germiston as they also have Steel Challenge shoots.

thank you,

Will get in touch.

User

Old thread I know, but is this still happening? Where can I find the dates for this year?

User

Quote Originally Posted by spidergear View Post
    Old thread I know, but is this still happening? Where can I find the dates for this year?
    The “original” Steel Challenge run by Claudio and Martin got killed off by a virus threat.

AFAIK, the Black Duck one and the Friday morning at Cecil Payne are still active. Contact details given above.

User

Quote Originally Posted by HadEnuf View Post
    The “original” Steel Challenge run by Claudio and Martin got killed off by a virus threat.

AFAIK, the Black Duck one and the Friday morning at Cecil Payne are still active. Contact details given above.
    Really miss those days out in the sun, throwing rounds at steel! :-(

Black Duck is just too darn far!

User

No idea if it's the same discipline exactly but RSC at Rooikraal puts on steel shoots somewhere around once a month.

User

There is a guy running Steel Challenge from Wattlespring shooting range, but there hasn't been any activity on his whatsapp group for the past few months...

User

Golden City also runs a Steel Challenge Match once (or maybe ever 2nd month).
    Last time I shot it was all the stages. No USPSA affiliation AFAIK, not sure if it gets you SAPSA points either.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast