Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Beretta SADPA Northern Nationals 2022

https://practiscore.com/sadpa-northe...-west/register

Doesn’t seem to be much talk about it, seems non sadpa registrations will be allowed
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/6245...6061125825521/

User

Default Re: Beretta SADPA Northern Nationals 2022

Lots of hard work's been done behind the scenes by the new SADPA leadership. I trust that this is the first of many results of that hard work. Well done to the team for putting it together and all the best with the ongoing task of reviving the fortunes of SADA.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SafeAction View Post
    https://practiscore.com/sadpa-northe...-west/register

Doesn’t seem to be much talk about it, seems non sadpa registrations will be allowed
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/6245...6061125825521/
    Looks like it will be an interesting match, SafeAction. I might have been interested to participate but this event has unfortunately been scheduled for exactly the same weekend as the IPSC/SAPSA Level III Handgun Nationals taking place at Premier, so very few of the serious IPSC shooters will be keen or able to attend this match.

User

Shocking to see that there are still 166 registration spots available, even with the chance of winning a handgun (If you pay the R400 extra and have enough skills)

It is a respectable and decent attempt to revive a sport which basically died in 2020, SADPA broke up or something around then, I stopped following the politics when I started IPSC in 2019 ish.
    The reason there is not much talk about it is because not a lot of people play that game anymore...

National Competitions, compared to its big brother sport which is IPSC, the 1st round handgun Nationals was Sold out Fairly quick (a day or 2 afaik) in Limpopo at the start of the year, The 2nd round Nationals which was at Golden City, JHB South, sold out in literally less than a few hours, the waiting list became so big that they decided to split the match over 4 days, and a great success, the registration for round 3 which is in Cullinan, opened on Monday and was sold out by Monday afternoon with over 50 people on the waiting list at the moment.

I wish the organizers the best of luck and a great and safe match, hopefully they can sell out all the available spots in time.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    so very few of the serious IPSC shooters will be keen or able to attend this match.
    Especially the team South Africa Competitors who have been selected to compete in the 2022 World Shoot in Thailand in December.

I would have considered it for a change of scenery for old times sake, but Im not driving to Polokwane for that.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Especially the team South Africa Competitors who have been selected to compete in the 2022 World Shoot in Thailand in December.

I would have considered it for a change of scenery for old times sake, but Im not driving to Polokwane for that.
    100% bud.

User

I see that it is listed as an IDPA level III match on Practiscore but the divisions are SP(10), OL, CP, DP, Rev and UC?

As far as I know IDPA has Rev, ESP, SSP, CDP and BUG divisions.

Does someone know what / which rulebook will be used for the match? IDPA or MPD? If people had a clearer picture of what rules are going to be used it would assist in picking a division and it might atract a little more attention.

User

SADPA is no longer an affiliate of IDPA so I expect it would be SADPA rules. The IDPA reference may be a limitation of the Practiscore platform as I doubt if they would have made changes to accomodate SADPA.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    SADPA is no longer an affiliate of IDPA so I expect it would be SADPA rules. The IDPA reference may be a limitation of the Practiscore platform as I doubt if they would have made changes to accomodate SADPA.
    I checked now on the SADPA website. It is my hope that those now holding the SADPA rudder manage to resurect / re-kindle the defensive shooting flame to what it was once.

I do miss those Witbank Leagues (and the regulars that shot it) every year in July though...
    Maybe one day there will be a Witbank League again... I wouldnt mind making that pilgrimage again one day.

User

(Disclaimer - The affiliation on Practiscore will indicate IDPA, but that is only because of the base scoring template is used. All penalties, divisions, classes and rules used is SADPA MPD rules)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast