Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Beretta SADPA Northern Nationals 2022

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    I checked now on the SADPA website. It is my hope that those now holding the SADPA rudder manage to resurect / re-kindle the defensive shooting flame to what it was once.
    Same here. Games are games but the idea of one that is at least somewhat rooted in an approach that would be applicable in social firearms interactions is what drew me to it initially. Over the years I have shot with people who use their actual concealment gear in competition, essentially against themselves, and that is valuable even as an observer.

User

Default Beretta SADPA Northern Nationals 2022

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Same here. Games are games but the idea of one that is at least somewhat rooted in an approach that would be applicable in social firearms interactions is what drew me to it initially. Over the years I have shot with people who use their actual concealment gear in competition, essentially against themselves, and that is valuable even as an observer.
    Seems that there is at least positive movement with Jaco Dup involved.

Really tempted to have gone to Northern Nationals but its just a bridge to far from the Cape.

Looking forward to the Southern Nationals when they host them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

the issue with idpa and being “defensive” is 100% restricted by the idpa rules, “engage T1 T2 and T3 from P1 P2 and P3, and the fishing vest as concealment is basically what made idpa style shooting obsolete, rather let me rock up with my braai shirt, 2 mags in my gatsak and my pistol in my appendix daniels, on the beep let me hit the deck and shoot the threats as I see them opposed to “slicing the pie”, then the “defensive” concept would be applicable…
    And “hard cover” I dont carry hard cover so that should be optional, maybe a bonus point if you use it, but in reality idpa is far removed from it. Fun:yes
    Realistic: no

User

the issue with idpa and being “defensive” is 100% restricted by the idpa rules, “engage T1 T2 and T3 from P1 P2 and P3, and the fishing vest as concealment is basically what made idpa style shooting obsolete, rather let me rock up with my braai shirt, 2 mags in my gatsak and my pistol in my appendix daniels, on the beep let me hit the deck and shoot the threats as I see them opposed to “slicing the pie”, then the “defensive” concept would be applicable…
    And “hard cover” I dont carry hard cover so that should be optional, maybe a bonus point if you use it, but in reality idpa is far removed from it. Fun:yes
    Realistic: no

User

There are no realistic games. They just vary.

User

There are no realistic games. They just vary.
    There are however, games that refine certain skills, target transitions and running like hell, aiming and hurrying the f…k up… IDPA is one of them but not as much as its bigger brother…

Facts aside, either sport one chooses, does not matter, wether you shoot steel challenge, idpa, ipsc, (not silhouette) any sport against a timer on demand is putting you in a better position than the person who keeps their gun under the car seat and shoots once a year…

User

Agree 100%. My club offers a range of disciplines and I try to participate in all of them. All have a place in making you a better shooter. You must just remember that proficiency in games doesn't make you a better fighter.

User

Kind of reminds me what Clint Smith said:

User

Agree 100%. My club offers a range of disciplines and I try to participate in all of them. All have a place in making you a better shooter. You must just remember that proficiency in games doesn't make you a better fighter.
    Not every competition is a gun fight, but every single gun fight is a competition…

My club offers decent ipsc and decent idpa, I have been pursuing ipsc for 2+ years now with great results, because of the adrenaline, toning it down just a tad now to focus more on self defense, a course with a Mr Rosslee or a Mr Barlow is on the books, even a Mr Naude if he decides to host one at least T wont moer me in a course, well at least not as part of the course but maybe just for being a dickhead… If I train with the other 2 ai know its gonna hurt

User

Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post
    Kind of reminds me what Clint Smith said:
    THIS IS GOLD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2