Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Proof of Activity

I have done a search but not found what I'm looking for: hence the question. I have a renewal coming up and how I wish I'd stuck to my green licences. SAPS is now demanding proof of activity for renewal of occasional sport licences. Can one of those diligent gunsiters who has the Act and Regs tell me whether SAPS is legally entitled to demand that or is it another SAPS invented rule?

User

Default Re: Proof of Activity

The issue is, if your DFO wants that and you argue / dont provide that they can decline your application, look at the last page of your application form, DFO approval.

My DFO have a list, and although I dont sometimes agree, I comply to ensure they have no reason not to submit and process my application.

User

As B-R says. there's nothing really nefarious about it, as part of the licensing process you have to show a need, and by proving that you used it for "something", you can motivate that you need it to continue doing that "something". you don't need an exhaustive list, showing proof of one or two activities will be sufficient.

User

I'd suggest membership details from your range or failing that images of the range register reflecting some visits or even an affidavit or two from people who you have shot with.

Well you cant claim Occasional Sport and not have proof.

Hence why its alot easier to go S16 With Example Natshoot and upload there. Then having to provide proof for S15.

When your a member of a club they at least keep record for you and you can ask for letter of this.

When your occasional. You sign in their book at range. But they dont keep track of you. Neither going to page trhough it look when you were there.

So you now need to get a range to say youve been there on occasion. Or need a letter from farmer saying youve been there.

Occasional is more work. As you actually need to everytime you go shoot need to take photo or take receipt and keep as proof for application.

Join Natshoot. Cheap per year. You just take photo and upload. They store and keep

User

I havn't reached any renewal dates yet, but i think you have to renew your competancy now as well.

User

Who do you go shooting with?

Get them to sign for ya....

AFFIDAVIT
    (To be completed in the presence of a Commissioner of Oaths)
    I, XXXXXXXXXXX, ID-Number XXXXXXXXXXXXX Age XX
    Residing at XXXXXXXX
    Tel XXXXXXXXXXXXX (cell)
    Declare under oath in English, that

XXXXXXXXXXXXX has come shooting with me on occasion, beginning in 20XX at XXXXX Pistol Club, and more recently in 20xxx at XXXXX Pistol Club.

I am familiar with, and understand the contents of this declaration. I have no objection/have objection to taking the prescribed oath. I consider the prescribed oath as binding to my conscience.

Place: ………………………………….. Date: ………………………..
    Time: ……………………………………
    Signature: ………………………………………

I certify that the above statement was taken from me and that the deponent has acknowledged that he/she knows and understands the contents of the statement. The statement was sworn to/affirmed before me and deponent’s signature/mark/thumb print was placed thereon in my presence.

At: …………………………………on ………………………………at ……………………….

Commissioner of Oaths
    (Details to be provided on physical and postal address e.g. stamp of police station)
    ………………………………………………….

User

Take some photos of used brass lying in the dust and receipts for purchase of reloading components… to add to above suggestions. Dazzle them with volume.

Banned

Shooting was badly influenced by Covid and that is a very valid point when reporting a reduced amount of visits to the range. For dedicated status 3 shoots per year are the norm for most organizations. As an occasional licensee one or two visits should suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshman View Post
    I havn't reached any renewal dates yet, but i think you have to renew your competancy now as well.
    Interesting on this is. I years ago renewed competency. Then got the printout paper one. In between went to card again and back to paper.

All my firearms are S16 only. My competency paper is over 10 years old. Last year I went a month or so before expiry and applied for O/U the DFO said no need to renew as I still have valid license.

Then went in +- Aug 2021 after expiry date. Applied for PC9. I asked should I not renew. He said no. Got License. Jan 2022 applied for SR22. Got that approved as well. And 4 weeks ago or so Got Sako 308 license.

So did not need to apply it seems.

However my friend went to renew his S13. And was told for that he needed to renew his competency as well. So he did both. Although he has other 9mmP pistols on S16 cards.

So pretty confusing setup.

Note we do not have the same DFO's.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast