Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Taiwan updates

User

Default Re: Taiwan updates

Quote Originally Posted by noost View Post
    SA passport should count in his favour?
    Hopefully it will. Wife and two kids there. He is worried about leaving the people that work for him behind, so that weights heavy on him.

Spent most of his adult life there. He used to be a aircraft mech in the air-force here in his early 20’s before he moved there,got married and made a life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Just a warning. These opinions are not 'for Taiwan'.
    I am posting this so people can see the kind of propaganda I follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    Just a warning. These opinions are not 'for Taiwan'.
    I am posting this so people can see the kind of propaganda I follow.

There is so much propaganda from BOTH sides, in addition to alternate narratives being spread, that no one knows what to believe and neither side is right.

Everyone is pointing fingers at each other when the reality is that the truth lies somewhere in the middle of a very grey, propaganda-riddled clusterf*ck. Kinda like the shape the entire world is in right now.

By the time people realise that Russia are the bad guys, that simply went through a wardrobe change in the 90's, it will be too late.
    By the time people realise that China are the bad guys, and have been waging unrestricted warfare biding their time, it will be too late.
    By the time people realise that America are the bad guys, that have used sleight of hand and outright intimidation tactics through their military might and have used the media as their good-guy camouflage, it will be too late.

User

Rodger Waters may be correct that Taiwan is a part of China but he is sadly mistaken if he thinks that the Chinese military has not surrounded the island. That much is confirmed. All ports are blocked off. No flights in or out.

User

My advice. Start every sentence with 'let me play devil's advocate' or tenth man rule.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    Rodger Waters may be correct that Taiwan is a part of China but he is sadly mistaken if he thinks that the Chinese military has not surrounded the island. That much is confirmed. All ports are blocked off. No flights in or out.

If he is I don't get how China could be attacking itself or how they allowed a part of their country to be democratic.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    If he is I don't get how China could be attacking itself or how they allowed a part of their country to be democratic.
    Taiwan fall under China under the One China policy, even though it’s “independent” even has its own currency. Under this agreement Pelosi should not have visited Taiwan but did so anyway.

https://www.csis.org/analysis/what-u...does-it-matter

I think Pelosi visiting Taiwan is the sign of support the USA Sate Department wish that they had done last year in Ukraine. Just send a message of caution to China.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    I am completly torn about this.

On one hand I obviously don't want a war started.
    But on the other hand this is Nancy Pelosi we are talking about. Having her plane shot down is just too good to be true..

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
    Now THAT is worth the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by tcbc View Post
    I think Pelosi visiting Taiwan is the sign of support the USA Sate Department wish that they had done last year in Ukraine. Just send a message of caution to China.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You kidding right, everything was relatively quiet on the Taiwan front apart from the usual rhetoric, and then Vodka Skeletor made a big visit knowing that it would make China angry.

Am I saying China should dictate what and where the US can visit, no, but it gave China the perfect excuse to do what they are doing now, and the US knew that full well.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast