Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Default Re: How to Fight Gun Control

I don't want to stray too far from my intended purpose, but there are things worth mentioning along the road. I'm sure some of you know about Philip Luty but for those who don't, I recommend that you google him. You'll find half a dozen YouTube videos about his life, the DIY SMG he made and how he was victimised by the British State. I mention it because it illustrates clearly the political motive behind gun control.

User

We need this kind of new generation energy. We now live in an age of meme wars

User

@Dick,

Again, sincerely thank you for this thread.

This might read EXTREMELY negative, but this is MY perspective, and some might find similarities in this, to their own opinions and views, like I’ve mentioned in the other thread, I believe that ALL of us (firearm / potential owners) can do a tiny bit more, in PROTECTING our firearm ownership here in sunny South Africa. I don’t want to get too sentimental but I for one still want to purchase, license, own and shoot in ten years’ time, twenty years' time, hell in thirty years’ time, right here in South Africa, is that possible?

I don’t know, but what I do know is, if WE (firearm / potential owners) sit back and just rely solely on “I’m a paid-up member” or “I have a membership” mentality. Organisations cannot in today’s day and age fight, protect, and voice for OUR ownership on their own. We might not want to but let’s consider the younger generation and the generation to come.

Moving on, so Dick first of all I can only speak for MYSELF. I’m just a below-average Joe, I have no “special” connections, political insight, a YouTube following, a blue tick on Twitter, a seven-digit bank account, nor am I a Director of any sort, etc… aaaaaaand most certainly not an A+ student when it comes to Public speaking/debating of any sort. But what I can most definitely contribute is time and effort.

So, mentioning the debates, on radio, emails, calls, etc… over all these years, I for one would need a lot of guidance, scripts, or a “Fighting gun control, for dummies guide” I truly want to help/assist, I just need to know HOW?

Could it be possible to start small with like a WhatsApp / Telegram group/email correspondence etc. strictly for communication, file sharing, and alert notices?

As we know participation (members) numbers are what is looked at closely, how could we assist by getting more “numbers” towards the Organisations, etc? I know there are great suggestions to come, and businesses, citizens, and “influencers” that would assist in some way or another.
    I don’t know how you want to kick this off or approach this idea but looking forward to all the valuable knowledge and expertise.

Most certainly following this thread with the utmost interest.

PS: Apologies if this post, somehow came across as being egocentric or egotistical not my intention at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Branden88 View Post
    @Dick,Again, sincerely thank you for this thread.This might read EXTREMELY negative, but this is MY perspective, and some might find similarities in this, to their own opinions and views, like I’ve mentioned in the other thread, I believe that ALL of us (firearm / potential owners) can do a tiny bit more, in PROTECTING our firearm ownership here in sunny South Africa. I don’t want to get too sentimental but I for one still want to purchase, license, own and shoot in ten years’ time, twenty years' time, hell in thirty years’ time, right here in South Africa, is that possible?I don’t know, but what I do know is, if WE (firearm / potential owners) sit back and just rely solely on “I’m a paid-up member” or “I have a membership” mentality. Organisations cannot in today’s day and age fight, protect, and voice for OUR ownership on their own. We might not want to but let’s consider the younger generation and the generation to come.Moving on, so Dick first of all I can only speak for MYSELF. I’m just a below-average Joe, I have no “special” connections, political insight, a YouTube following, a blue tick on Twitter, a seven-digit bank account, nor am I a Director of any sort, etc… aaaaaaand most certainly not an A+ student when it comes to Public speaking/debating of any sort. But what I can most definitely contribute is time and effort.So, mentioning the debates, on radio, emails, calls, etc… over all these years, I for one would need a lot of guidance, scripts, or a “Fighting gun control, for dummies guide” I truly want to help/assist, I just need to know HOW?Could it be possible to start small with like a WhatsApp / Telegram group/email correspondence etc. strictly for communication, file sharing, and alert notices?As we know participation (members) numbers are what is looked at closely, how could we assist by getting more “numbers” towards the Organisations, etc? I know there are great suggestions to come, and businesses, citizens, and “influencers” that would assist in some way or another.I don’t know how you want to kick this off or approach this idea but looking forward to all the valuable knowledge and expertise. Most certainly following this thread with the utmost interest. PS: Apologies if this post, somehow came across as being egocentric or egotistical not my intention at all.
    The WhatsApp or telegram group idea is a great one, there are times for instance that you are driving to a meeting and you hear on the radio that GFSA will be on air shortly, and you unfortunately can't call in to the radio station asyou can't afford to be late for your meeting. You then post a quick message on the group "Guys, GFSA will be on East coast radio/Radio 702 in 10mins. Can someone call in?"

Banned

We then have a sticky pinned to the top of the group with default Q&As to use if on air or talking to an anti gun supporter.If only 2 members get through to the radio station, the others can coach them on answers via the group

User

I have often thought about this, with relation to gun control and i am by no means saying that you should not be legal.

Just say NO.

Look how well saying NO worked for e-tolls. Society just took a stand and said this is rubbish and we won't be complying.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    I have often thought about this, with relation to gun control and i am by no means saying that you should not be legal.

Just say NO.

Look how well saying NO worked for e-tolls. Society just took a stand and said this is rubbish and we won't be complying.
    I agree with the idea but I think that mobilising people behind the non-payment of a clearly dodgy fee is a great deal easier than getting people to stand up and do something. The pitiful level of objections submitted re the FCA amendment being an example.

Some facts in this video for use in a verbal duel should need arise.

I don't want to "reply with quote" to prepare2win because I don't want to waste space with that video. Any positive action is good and none is without merit, but we don't have enough willing hands to waste effort. Americans have three more or less unassailable protections (1) second amendment (2) much more widespread firearm ownership and (3) proven willingness to actively defend.

There's nothing difficult about speaking to an audience, but first it would need a couple of hundred speakers to cover the whole country, and in any case where would the audiences come from? Very few people are interested enough to attend public meetings - hell, my gun club doesn't get more that 20 of its 250 members to its AGMs. So, while its not without merit, it would be a lot of effort for little return. One guy phoning a talk show and presenting an articulate argument is much more valuable than talking to half a dozen people in the Poffadder town hall. Which in any case would be preaching to the converted as only the converted would attend.

What MIGHT be useful is (1) using social media and (2) circulating videos on social media, in fact Gideon Joubert has done that, as well as his Paratus website. Unfortunately the latter is also preaching to the converted but is very valuable in providing the ammo we can all use.
    But it is only useful if many of us get into action and use it.

User

I didn't mean specifically talking to a room full of people. I meant the kind of appeal that Brandon has to a new generation, his irreverent sense of humour, of making guns cool without pandering to the politically correct

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast