Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: Mutton maniacs beware

Quote Originally Posted by FFourie View Post
    Depends on her looks.
    Not bad at all, so I am working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MSW2 View Post
    I made us some lamb curry earlier in the week
    As to shooting animals to eat, I see no problem with that. I used to shoot pigs at a friends place on a regular basis. I would choose one and pay him. Then when the guy to scrape it had been organised by him I would go back and put a .22 bullet into the pigs head in front of all of its piggy friends and family.
    Aren't you just the hardcore seuntjie...lol...

User

My family did pig farming when I was a kid so I got to work around them a lot. Anyone who has been involved in loading pigs that are going to the abattoir will know that MSW2's piggies went out in the best way possible.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I hear you treeman and I think that you confirm my point. Humans can live without meat and few of us 'need' to kill our own food to survive but we choose to. The lines that we draw thereafter are all informed by that and are second order ethical questions at most and practical ones at least.
    No, we need to eat meat. Without the iron in meat and fat as energy source, you will live an anemic life.
    Go look at herbivores intestines and then at human anatomy- we are omnivores with teeth made to eat meat.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
    No, we need to eat meat. Without the iron in meat and fat as energy source, you will live an anemic life.
    Go look at herbivores intestines and then at human anatomy- we are omnivores with teeth made to eat meat.
    I know I need to and am perfectly happy killing it myself. Being vegetarian isn't something I'd try and it's obvious to me from the fossil record, not to mention physiological characteristics like our dentition, that we are omnivores who have always eaten meat. My point was just that if you kill your own food then agonising over whether it's 5.6 or 12 months old seems pointless.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FFourie View Post
    Depends on her looks.
    At last, 3 pages,well 4 pages in and not a single "mutton maniac" has posted pics of his fav cougar as yet? Life is short gentlemen!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tappets View Post
    Aren't you just the hardcore seuntjie...lol...
    That was nothing. You should have seen the one time I got three baby rabbits with one shotgun blast. They were sitting in a bundle just outside the entrance to their burrow. They never even knew what hit them.

Quote Originally Posted by MSW2 View Post
    That was nothing. You should have seen the one time I got three baby rabbits with one shotgun blast. They were sitting in a bundle just outside the entrance to their burrow. They never even knew what hit them.
    hard-core.... Lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4