Default Pump Action jamming with shell on carrier

I have a Sibergun CSSP pump action shotgun. Got it really cheap as a range gun. After a long time of sitting in the safe I finally started using it and I've notice I have no issue loading any shell upto a 7.5. When I try loading heavier LG/SG/SSG type shells which are very slightly longer (millimeters longer) then the action jams with the shell on the carrier/lifter.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there any fix for this? I'm struggling to figure out what is actually jamming at this point.

User

Default Re: Pump Action jamming with shell on carrier

You would need to carefully examine it to see where exactly the issue occurs. Is the longer shell catching the action at the forward end, or is a second round "jumping" the shell stop and jamming the lifter? Does the crimp type of the shell matter (star crimp vs. roll crimp)? Have you maybe got some 76mm (3") buckshot shells?

Could also be something else.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Does the crimp type of the shell matter (star crimp vs. roll crimp)?
    I've seen this being an issue more often than shell length. I have never been able to get my 6 petal crimped reloads to work 100% reliably in my semi auto but 8 petal and roll crimps do.

The issue should not be between 6 or 8 pedal. It will more then likely be the taper of the front.

For pumps and Semi's you need to have a decent Taper to aid in feeding. O/U you dont as you hand feed it off course.

You can buy a Roll/Taper crimp that you can mount on a Cordless drill or preferably a drill press and add more taper and a better rolled edge. GAEP and OMV does these.

With this you could also slightly reduce the length off the hull by rolling it back in a bit.

But it could also be that your pump was made for example 67mm Hulls and not 70mm.

Remember older shotguns were for 2 3/4" Shells. Newer once do 2 3/4" and 3" shells. And newest Steel shot proof as well.

See below from little taper/roll to more on right.

Attachment 34802