Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Nips and tucks on an old CZ75

I shot this one a great deal before I started keeping records but it's 40k at least and maybe a fair bit more. It is on it's second slide stop. The first one didn't break but looked like it was going to and since it was my carry gun at the time I replaced it on one of my spring change outs. I have a new old stock spare for when this one goes. No mechanical issues in my period of ownership with the exception of a broken extractor. It really is boringly reliable. Other than failures to fire from the odd dud primer it hasn't missed a beat in 10s of thousands of rounds of my reloads.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I shot this one a great deal before I started keeping records but it's 40k at least and maybe a fair bit more. It is on it's second slide stop. The first one didn't break but looked like it was going to and since it was my carry gun at the time I replaced it on one of my spring change outs. I have a new old stock spare for when this one goes. No mechanical issues in my period of ownership with the exception of a broken extractor. It really is boringly reliable. Other than failures to fire from the odd dud primer it hasn't missed a beat in 10s of thousands of rounds of my reloads.
    Thanks for your response!
    I bought mine second hand & also so far i have not experienced any issues besides "over-oiling" it in the beginning..

Its good to know the what "if's" since we share identical 75's besides the color as mine is black & still has the retro hammer.

I like it's trigger,. currently it's way better than my PO7 gen2! & it shoots great..

With a Cajun upgrade i can only imagine what yours is like..

As for the slide stop then ill never be sure as it looks like the old shape/stock.

Anyways thanks for sharing again & enjoy it hey!

User

Pleasure, same to you!

User

Wow!

I have the very same one that I bought recently and am awaiting the license approval (app on its way to CFR now)

Yours is a real beauty.

User

Thought I should make this public service announcement. As described above I installed a Cajun hammer and adjustable sear in my 75 and I now have a little over a 1000 rounds through it with the new super tasty trigger.

When I adjusted the sear I had it so that the safety 'just' engaged and prevented hammer drop. I realise now I undercooked it a bit as during dry fire practise last night I was able to cause hammer drop from SA. Properly shat myself. Had I not been very careful in testing it originally I would assume that i hadn't got it to engage. Suspect that a bit of wear-in between sear stop screw and the safety bar took out the 'just' part of the engagement from my adjustment. Wound it in a quarter turn more and all is good again.

Strongly suggest erring on the side of caution when adjusting these things AND checking them periodically for function.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2