Thread: Just how????

User

Default Just how????

How do you plan on licensing this???

https://i.imgur.com/O9Yw6uN.jpg

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: Just how????

Years ago someone I know bought a similar and it was loaded on the system as a set with four barrels and when licensed was licensed simultaneously.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

I'm speculating now, picking up stompies from various people?

As in this example,same caliber as a "set" of barrels?

I know from a dealer mate that a client had to apply x 3 apps for a system that could do caliber changes as part of the kit, eg 308,300wm and 338lm. For some reason that only cfr can try explain, only 2 out the 3 got approved first time round, I'm not sure how the matter eventually got resolved.

User

If they are different caliber barrels then would the revolver also need different cylinders?

Is is it all the one calibre with different length barrels

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

User

There are a two possibilities in my opinion

If each barrel has as separate serial number (as it should based on it being a major firearm component) then the Frame which holds the cylinder and action, should have a unique serial number, all the items will then be licensed separately, so basically a SAP271 per barrel and one for the action.

The lesser likely but still possible is a single license as each of the barrels has no serial engraved and with only the frame having a serial, that is what would be submitted.

I have a Sig with an additional 22LR upper, said upper is licensed separately

User

I knew a guy who had a three barrel Dan Wesson 'Pistol Pac' and it had one license. I can't remember if the barrels were serialised but I don't think they were.

I currently know of three people who have shotguns that came with two sets of barrels and those are also on single licenses.

My wife was gifted a 22hornet/410 combination gun. It is currently in the licensing process. The combination ends at the stock, as it is seperate uppers. Barrels have the same serial number. For all intent and purposes, its 2 rifles.

CFR forced my wife to do shotgun competency, which the previous owner never had to do.

User

The furthest I've come was licensing a loose shotgun barrel.

To the best of my knowledge mine was serialised in SA. If I had to guess how it came to be it would probably be from someone who had a damaged action and wanted to sell the barrel loose because this was a 18" magnum barrel for a pump action 870 which would not be a likely piece of a set.

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    If they are different caliber barrels then would the revolver also need different cylinders?

Is is it all the one calibre with different length barrels

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
    D35 .357mag Dan Wesson Multi-Barrel [6] Revolver Cased Set R 17500.00
    Cased set of revolver plus 6 different barrels of 2,5", 4", 6", 8", 10", 12" & 15" barrels.
    Includes barrel locking tool. Revolver has chequered grips with DWA logo them and
    adjustable sights. Unique Dan Wesson locking system to cylinder. All barrels have
    Wesson Hi-viz front sights to them. All in excellent condition.