Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Default Re: EDC with Spare Magazine

You carry spare mags for much the same reason that you use a seat belt in the car or wear a helmet on a bike.

User

On the subject of mag base plates coming off self disassembly style, I've only seen that twice and in both cases it was with +2 shoes. For that reason I don't use them.

User

I carry a spare mag in my pocket, not ideal and slow reloads, something to dry fire though.

I cant carry on my belt at work because shirt is tucked in, also keep in mind, if you are held up and tap searched by an attacker, if they find your spare mag then the fight is pretty much over.

User

Quote Originally Posted by bluefronted View Post
    I'm now convinced to carry a spare Mag, Thanks Guys , You are all
    I personally know of one person who had a mag malfunction and another who almost ran out of ammo with 3 mags between her husband and herself.

Its a good idea to carry a spare for both reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Not me, but the bad guy in a firefight. The main reason he ended up on the pavement with holes in him was because the magazine for his handgun fell out. He didn't have a spare.

Carry a spare mag. If you can, carry two. Practice with them. Become comfortable performing a mag change without looking, on the move, in the dark etc.

User

Quote Originally Posted by bluefronted View Post
    Hi Guys,

Has anyone really had the need to use their spare mag when EDC. I feel with the number of rounds available with a Glock 19X and many other pistols there should be no need to carry a spare mag. Your comments please
    I carry a Glock 45. My usual go to Holster is a Daniel's Supertuck AIWB Holster with a removable spare magazine holder. Has never been an issue and doesn't really print, provided I tuck in my shirt in my pants (although I am working on losing weight to make it even less of an issue). A good belt is also a must.

User

Another reason to carry a spare is the peace of mind even if you don't use it. Imagine firing 7 - 10 rounds to deter an attack and then waiting the half hour for the cops/ security to show up with 6 rounds left knowing it's less than what you just used and not knowing if the attackers are returning.

Similar reason to license more than 1 handgun. I can't imagine a more vulnerable feeling than using your only 1 in a defensive situation and its taken away for ballistics.

User

Quote Originally Posted by wthang View Post
    Out of interest. What mag was it that lost a base plate? Were you +1?
    It was a +2 base. I try not to carry them in the pistol any more. The flush base conceals better, sits much more securely and does not get bumped all that easily.

Quote Originally Posted by joeman View Post
    Out of curiosity, is there anyone that carries a second spare mag? If so where and how do you conceal it?
    I carry one in each jeans pocket. Chinos are a problem in that the mags can slip out when seated.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    It was a +2 base. I try not to carry them in the pistol any more. The flush base conceals better, sits much more securely and does not get bumped all that easily.

I carry one in each jeans pocket. Chinos are a problem in that the mags can slip out when seated.
    Similar.

But watch out for pocket lint

User

I rather carry it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

One spare in the pocket everyday around where I stay considering that the area where i stay is fairly low risk. Should I go to a dodgy place I then carry two spare on the hip and a go bag in the boot of car with a few extra and a happy stick.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast