Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Precious Metals Investing

I have been investing in precious metals for some time now. If an opportunity arises and I have the cash available, I will buy.

Over the years my precious metals have either kept or grown their value decently, mostly beating inflation solidly.

No, I'm not hoarding silver or gold, but prefer to invest in copper, brass and lead. These precious metals don't need expensive storage facilities and are not prime targets for criminals, unless assembled into cartridges. Whenever the SHTF, they tend to increase in value faster than any other metal.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Also remember, and what put me off gold Krugerrands, is that you can't take them out of the country without permission. There is more of a premium on the bars so that is something in favour of the coins.
    Like some others on the group, I also didn't know this. I would guess this is because they are technically a "currency" ie cash but the next question must be whether the same rules apply to gold bars?

Any more info on this Soldierman?

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    Like some others on the group, I also didn't know this. I would guess this is because they are technically a "currency" ie cash but the next question must be whether the same rules apply to gold bars?

Any more info on this Soldierman?
    From what I understand it doesn't apply to bars. Read that on the Silver-sphere site as well.

When Idi Amin from Uganda kicked out Indians decades ago, most of the Indians could re-establish themselves as many had most of their wealth tied into Gold Jewelry and other readily movable items such as watches , etc

Quote Originally Posted by bluefronted View Post
    When Idi Amin from Uganda kicked out Indians decades ago, most of the Indians could re-establish themselves as many had most of their wealth tied into Gold Jewelry and other readily movable items such as watches , etc
    Russia and China are hoarding gold like never before, everything mined stays in the country. I wonder what they know to make them do this. JP Morgan and other big banks are doing the same.

Germany, Holland and other countries are repatriating their gold from the US. But it sometimes takes ages for the US to get it back to them. People are asking why this is the case, maybe because it's not there and they have to get stock.

I think it was a Dutch minister who said that if we have a collapse we can rebuild on the foundation of their gold. Elites and rich people are waking up to just what gold and silver represent, but they don't say a word to the ordinary serfs like us about it. Get your Dollars, get your Euros they are real money they tell us masses. Yeah right.

User

So then it seems bars are a better option.

I assume it also does not apply to foreign coins and only to the Kruger rands?

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    From what I understand it doesn't apply to bars. Read that on the Silver-sphere site as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bundu Ric View Post
    So then it seems bars are a better option.

I assume it also does not apply to foreign coins and only to the Kruger rands?
    Yip, that is how I understand it.

There is no VAT on Krugerrands though.

If you really want to know where gold is at right now, you have to watch this video with Andy Shectman.

He gives a short summary from 1971 when Nixon took the US off the gold standard, up to today with some very important events along the way and including who is buying what and gold's transition.

Some definite WTF moments if you haven't being paying attention to gold in the markets.

Skip the first 5 minutes as it's just an intro from the host, and then you only have to watch up to about the 30 minute mark as the history lesson ends there. Might give you a different outlook on gold and how countries see it.

Screw it, watch the whole video, he goes into how Saudi Arabia has said it might join BRICS and trade for currencies other than the Dollar - if that happens the Dollar is toast.

No wonder Biden went over there, it was no doubt to beg the Saudi's not to join BRICS and sell in other currencies.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    I have been investing in precious metals for some time now. If an opportunity arises and I have the cash available, I will buy.

Over the years my precious metals have either kept or grown their value decently, mostly beating inflation solidly.

No, I'm not hoarding silver or gold, but prefer to invest in copper, brass and lead. These precious metals don't need expensive storage facilities and are not prime targets for criminals, unless assembled into cartridges. Whenever the SHTF, they tend to increase in value faster than any other metal.
    You and me both brother

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast