User

Default Entry Level Lockable Rifle Case

If I did want to send it with a lockable case but had no other use for it...

I would like to get a good entry level lockable rifle case for longarm shipping but I live in a small town and would have to order it so it can come from anywhere in SA. I just won't be able to handle it first.

I want something that does not feel cheap and I guess anything under R2000 would be nice but I do not know where the acceptable ones price.
    There are ones that feel cheap, like a factory case, but Pelican Storm is not needed either.

Is there a Glock of the rifle case world?

Banned

Default Re: Entry Level Lockable Rifle Case

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    If I did want to send it with a lockable case but had no other use for it...

I would like to get a good entry level lockable rifle case for longarm shipping but I live in a small town and would have to order it so it can come from anywhere in SA. I just won't be able to handle it first.

I want something that does not feel cheap and I guess anything under R2000 would be nice but I do not know where the acceptable ones price.
    There are ones that feel cheap, like a factory case, but Pelican Storm is not needed either.

Is there a Glock of the rifle case world?
    Maybe look at the ampro branded ones

User

I actually saved a link to the Ampro and TorkCraft quite a while back but never got any reviews on them.

My longest firearm is 112cm, how long should I go?

On the odd chance I have to send 2 rifles at once is the cost of sending a double case much higher than a single?

Two examples
    R2000
    Inner Dimensions 1220 x 320 x 100 mm
    https://www.futurama.co.za/ampro-rug...le-rifle-case/

R3000
    Internal dimensions: L1308mm*W321mm*H133mm
    https://www.makro.co.za/hardware-aut...f-85c18ba2a420

User

Something to think about: try to get a case which can fit in the width of your car's boot otherwise it becomes a pain in the ....

User

When huntex was still in full swing, LA Arms use to have a lot of cases on display, from entry to high “price”

https://www.laarms.org/riflecases

Stating the obvious….
    They may be able to give advise on more options available. If you do not need a super long case, get one that can still fit in the trunk. If you going to transport with scope, then depth of case, foam density, and possible customise cutout/modular foam would be helpful. Cheap plastic will protect against bumps from outside, but foam is normally poor quality. Aluminium lined cases may help a little to secure the lock not breaking off when caught on something , and are normally supplied with premium foam. If you need security, get a rifle safe, and lots of bubble wrap, as long as the courier doesn’t charge per weight. ��