Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    User

Default Re: CZ550 450 Rigby Question

I would strongly urge you to at least load up a few rounds and test beforehand. During a buff hunt is not the place to be trialling anything, other than your sprinting!
    On a serious note, it would be way smarter to cough up for factory ammo for the hunt if you aren't able to check your reloads first. Using unproven and untested ammo on DG is Russian roulette

450 Rigby 1- 0 Buffalo

Shot by a mate long time ago for rations. He was using a Dzombo Bullet, have forgotten the mass but he said it is a very hot load, hotter than it should be.

Attachment 35541

Attachment 35540
    Attached Images Attached Images
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

User

Quote Originally Posted by Desperatezulu View Post
    I would strongly urge you to at least load up a few rounds and test beforehand. During a buff hunt is not the place to be trialling anything, other than your sprinting!
    On a serious note, it would be way smarter to cough up for factory ammo for the hunt if you aren't able to check your reloads first. Using unproven and untested ammo on DG is Russian roulette
    I agree with this, if you’re hunting so soon i would go buy a box of factory ammo. Buffalo is the one animal you dont want to be using untested/incorrect loads. Ask Don English!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roguemeister View Post
    I think best would be to pop Bjinse a message and check, if anyone has that data, he will. All of the guys i know that are loading dzombos are using somchem /riflex. Unfortunately i dont know anyone loading for 450 Rigby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I used QL and that also pointed to a start load of 95gr.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Desperatezulu View Post
    I would strongly urge you to at least load up a few rounds and test beforehand. During a buff hunt is not the place to be trialling anything, other than your sprinting!On a serious note, it would be way smarter to cough up for factory ammo for the hunt if you aren't able to check your reloads first. Using unproven and untested ammo on DG is Russian roulette
    I agree with you fully sir! I most definitely would not start testing the ammo on the hunt haha. That is a recipe for disaster and a quick way to end up with a few foreign objects in oneself. Either a Buffalo horn or thorns from a tree that you climb. I am going to spend some time researching it properly when I get home and do a range trip before I leave for the hunt, as well as one before the hunt commences. The woodleigh manual stated loads from 103-109 mgr which is what gave me the higher inclination for my softs, and led to some bias when looking for a load for my solids. Really appreciate the input gentlemen.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    450 Rigby 1- 0 BuffaloShot by a mate long time ago for rations. He was using a Dzombo Bullet, have forgotten the mass but he said it is a very hot load, hotter than it should be.Attachment 35541Attachment 35540
    That looks like it left a trail of carnage. I would imagine on both ends!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adie View Post
    I am going hunting for buff on Friday and need to have a functioning load. I do not want to rush into anything and make something potentially stupid, and dangerous. I don’t need crazy accuracy for the moment, just decent velocity and safe pressures.
    So how did the hunt go?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5