Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    I second the above brand recommendations! Shotguns are brutal on torches/WML's. Personally I'm running a Surefire G2X in an Elzetta ZSM mount and the Surefire hasn't given me any problems! Yes it is a bit chunky but it is reliable!
    Yeah so when I initially started thinking about this, this so is what came to mind. I was, however, eager to see if there's any alternatives to what appears to be the defacto standard for shotties.

Keep em coming.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Phone 480BC Duane - owner, likely has a answer to your question, he is to date very straight on what he sells.
    I'm certain he would freely dispense with quality information without hesitation but I would feel bad about using his kindness without any real intent to purchase at this time.

User

Default Re: What torch for a shotgun?

I personally wont really trust anything other than Cloud Defense, Surefire or Streamlight on a Shotgun.... I mean O-Light pretty much explodes on their own not even mounted to anything that creates a recoil

Elzetta is probably more robust than Surefire. Surefire no longer uses potted electronics, just a coating of some sorts over the circuit board. Still more robust than non-coated ones, and perfectly acceptable for weapon mounted.

Elzetta and Malkoff still uses fully potted electronics on some models.

Like DS said, it’s the weight (mass, and the resultant inertia) of the battery slamming into the front of the torch when the gun recoils back that kills it. A pair of CR123 batteries are lighter than a Lithium 18650, so less hammering. But still you’d want something with a spring in the front as well as the back, to cushion the battery movement.

Olight is my current favourite brand for usable everyday lights (I think I have 11 of the buggers). But I was to mount a torch on anything with notable recoil I’ll go for something with that use in the design parameters.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Elzetta is probably more robust than Surefire. Surefire no longer uses potted electronics, just a coating of some sorts over the circuit board. Still more robust than non-coated ones, and perfectly acceptable for weapon mounted.

Elzetta and Malkoff still uses fully potted electronics on some models.

Like DS said, it’s the weight (mass, and the resultant inertia) of the battery slamming into the front of the torch when the gun recoils back that kills it. A pair of CR123 batteries are lighter than a Lithium 18650, so less hammering. But still you’d want something with a spring in the front as well as the back, to cushion the battery movement.

Olight is my current favourite brand for usable everyday lights (I think I have 11 of the buggers). But I was to mount a torch on anything with notable recoil I’ll go for something with that use in the design parameters.
    Elzetta does look great and it probably is, but they even more expensive than Surefire, and I guess a reliable torch suited for a shotgun is going to cost what it costs, 5-7 thousand republic credits, eish looks like im going to give this very good idea a skip

User

I am pondering a Streamlight HL-X for my Benelli, all be it I would want to replace the current mount with an offset if I could.

https://www.streamlight.com/products...ail-mount-hl-x

Was lucky enough to get myself a Mesa Tactical Truckee forend for the Benelli so I have MLOK for days (not mine, just an example pic)

I'm looking for a similar foreend for my Beretta 1301 tactical, the Aridus industries (modified Zhukov foreend). You don't perhaps know of a way @Speed_Freak?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak View Post
    I am pondering a Streamlight HL-X for my Benelli, all be it I would want to replace the current mount with an offset if I could.

https://www.streamlight.com/products...ail-mount-hl-x

Was lucky enough to get myself a Mesa Tactical Truckee forend for the Benelli so I have MLOK for days (not mine, just an example pic)
    I have one that I use as a hand held torch, very good torch, bought mine on amazon and guess what, the activator switch got stuck after 35 days, minimal use, just my luck, I did manage to get a new tail cap from rescomp but the threads did not match, I was able to swap just the "activator housing" and have not had any trouble since, great torches, shit luck...

User

I own a few Surefire torches and I have an Elzetta on my AR 15.
    If I ever have the money to get a WML for my SG it will have to be an Elzetta.
    The Elzetta torches have some weight to them but they are tough and built solidly. If a SG runs out of ammo you could probably beat your attackers to death with your Elzetta and not damage the shotty too badly...

User

Quote Originally Posted by pbuitendag View Post
    I'm looking for a similar foreend for my Beretta 1301 tactical, the Aridus industries (modified Zhukov foreend). You don't perhaps know of a way @Speed_Freak?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    This was brought in by a mate of mine, he was bringing in some stuff with all the relevant permits and I piggy backed on his shipment. Took over 9 months cause UPS "forgot" to send the permits with the items and Dubai customs proceeded to unpack and then steal all items they had a hankering for, said package was shipped back to the states and then re-shipped via a different courier.

I am unsure if you could ship directly, but I would definitely suggest not deal with UPS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast