Thread: Small Brag

Default Small Brag

My GSP pup competed in our first puppy stake with the tvl hpr club this past weekend. Was my first introduction to field trials. Absolutely loved it.

She received a COM.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User

Default Re: Small Brag

It's always amazing to see how good working dogs look when they're correctly stimulated. Well done, stunning pup!

Quote Originally Posted by bennotaute View Post
    My GSP pup competed in our first puppy stake with the tvl hpr club this past weekend. Was my first introduction to field trials. Absolutely loved it.

She received a COM.
    Congratulations. Very good looking dog.

Thanks guys. My first gsp was bought off Gumtree. Has no interest in hunting.

With this one, we decided to buy from proper lines. Makes a huge difference. She is almost 7 months old now and has no problem finding and pointing francolin and Quail.

User

Congrats! Fine looking dog that. A working dog that gets to work is the happiest most well adjusted thing on the planet.

User

Congratulations. I love working dogs.

Sent from my SM-A315F using Tapatalk

Banned

I must agree, even with the Collie dogs, they need jobs. I just give mine stuff to carry and tell her to sit and wait while I walk off then call her from far - she loves it. When we carry fire wood she gets a piece to carry each trip. Its small things at home that keep working dogs happy or at least sane. One of us hides almost every day and the dog is quested with finding. If I am inside and Cody is outside, then I will just " Find Cody !! go go" Makes a big difference to their at home lay there days.

I also believe your dog goes with you wherever it can, I mean even if it sits in car and waits is better than home alone.

I posted a question here, https://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/sho...29#post1475529

Your input is missing?

User

I have a little golden retriever as my gundog she's nearly two and worked her first season this year with me, its amazing how fast they teach themselves things, and how fast they teach you things.
    I train with field trail goldens and even the slight differences in still between a dog that purely hunts and a field trial dog are amazing.
    she engages her nose much faster than the field trial dogs and is not keen on the super long retrieves as she knows my shooting ability, and that there is no way I shoot a bird out at 250m.

she is an absolute joy to watch and work with and I can only echo Oafs comments about working dogs.

User

Stunning and congratulations.

This is my girl after a long day in the veldtIMG-20220902-WA0015.jpg

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk