User

Default GUN BELTS - Real holster carry gun belts!

The HAILSTORM EDB (Every Day Belt)

These will be standard 1.5" width and will be available in Brown and Black. The belts are leather-kydex-leather laminate to ensure long term stiffness and durability with dedicated holster wear in mind.

Exactly the same as the BladeTech belts and made by Loopers Leather USA. The belt will be dual embossed on the inside with the Loopers Leather and HAILSTORM EDB stamps and belt size.

Picture courtesy of BladeTech website since we do not have a sample yet.

I just received my sample belt yesterday so I have about 24 hours of wear out of it already and I must say it is as good as I was told it would be.

The belt really supports the weight of the pistol/holster/mags/light very well and it's going to be real deal for all those who carry and want to carry really concealed with a normal looking leather belt with no outwardly visible tactical dressings.

The finish is superb as one has come to expect from American leather work.

The intended launch price is R550.00 per belt ( unless there are undue and unplanned surprises iro of the import which we did not foresee or plan for as this is our first import of these products)

Our order has been produced and it is pending arrival of the logo embossing stamp so that the manufacturer can finish off the belts and get 'em shipped. Everything takes time and always longer than I expect = pita - I am impatient. Hopefully we can have stock here by the end of the month.

If you are interested to be notified when the belts are in stock please register on www.hailstormza.com and click the "NOTIFY ME" button onder the product you are interested in.
    Last edited by DS; 12-10-2010 at 16:58.

Default Re: GUN BELTS - Real holster carry gun belts!

Check.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Check x 2

User

Sizing notes!!

I usually wear 36" pants to leave room for IWB carry of my MTAC.

The 36" sample belt I received allows for OWB carry in the middle notch of 5 (= notch #3 and even also #2) and in notch #4 with the MTAC.

Each notch is about 2cm apart.

So to me it seems the belts are right on the money iro sizing.

The belt leaves 8.5cm from the last notch to the tip of the belt.

If you need a bit more insurance to the wider side I would advise one size up - in my case it would be a 38" belt.

I will update once stock is in and I have a 38" belt to compare to the 36" but at this stage it seems gtg as is.

Interested as well!

User

I saw one of these today. Very slick looking belt. I'm probably going to have to get myself one of these for when my normal riggers style belts aren't formal enough.

User

At long last, 3 months, 47 e-mails, 15 calls to the PO, and looking really good.

Just received 2 boxes of belts and the last one in country and on the way to us later in the week.

All popular sizes will be in stock on Hailstormza.com as from tomorrow or Fri - we just have to activate the stock when the other box gets in.

Those guys who posted a "Notify Me" on Hailstorm Will get a notification once stock is activated.

This is a pic of the embossed logo on the inside of the belt:

IMG_0202.jpg

A further note on sizing: I checked the size on the belt and found it is measured from the furthest point of the buckle to the first notch closest to the buckle. So in my instance the 36" is ample for my IWB and up-sized pants for IWB. I am actually a 34-35 waist depending on brand and some 36 sized pants a a tad to big.
    Last edited by DS; 24-11-2010 at 15:14.

User

Very nice! Congrats!

User

Thanks bud - these type of belts and quality of leather work are and few between here as you will remember - not a prob in your neck of the woods though.

User

SIZING UPDATE.

The belts are sized from the tipf the buckle to the first hole nearest the buckle.

Normal pants size: with no allowance for IWB carry = pants size +1” to +2” size will set the buckle in the middle hole (5 holes)

Upsize pants size: for IWB carry = pants size +2” size will set the buckle in the first hole without IWB and about the 2nd hole IWB

Example I am a 34/35” pants size but wear 36” to allow for IWB carry. The 36” belt sits the buckle in the middle hole and IWB sits the buckle in the 2nd last hole. The 38” belt sits the buckle in the first hole non IWB and in the 2nd hole with IWB.