Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: Delvillewood Memorial Competition July 2022

Stage 8 - Exfil to HQ via Delville Wood. Jungle lane, Unknown number of targets hiding in the bush. Time ends on hit or passing the last target. Was 13x targets I only saw and hit 10, best was 11/13.

Stage 9
    Pistol Head-To-Head
    This was a man vs man stage round robin. On the signal the 2 competitors had to engage 4 white plates placed on a plank and complete the stage by knocking down a stop plate 10/15m distant.

After 3 rounds Q came out on top of this stage. Well done dude!

For those who are still reading (Thank you!), you must realise that the briefing was clear on the gear and ammo requirement for the competition.

Part of this was a minimum of 100 rounds of hand gun ammo.

Thus from the Clear the Woods stage we had all started to count our ammo as we were all running low. (We were not allowed to re-supply from our vehicles once the competition started) In the spirit of good sportsmanship offers were made to share ammo if needed. Those who were shooting 40S&W were at a disadvantage compared to the 9mm crowd. Point is no matter how special your brand/caliber of ammo. If you cannot get re-supply it is a huge problem in an extended competition or similar crisis.
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

This is an awesome read, thanks to the contributors.
    The event has definitely perked my interest.

I read up on the Deville Wood battle, and as with all war stories - humbled at the tragic loss of life.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Wow that's intense stuff!

User

Bonus Stage - Head to head steel challenge. 1st to clear their 5 targets finishing on red win's. Only 5 rounds in Magazines. Done on Swiss contest format.

https://www.brighteon.com/e46fb430-d...a-1ed71005b364

https://www.brighteon.com/98c0046f-b...8-bfdf850672f2

https://www.brighteon.com/c059a4e3-c...1-ee2bba82b5e2

Thanks STEVIE AND DaavG :-)

If you are interested please make contact via www.sportsadventureshooting.co.za

Plan for January 2023 for the next L1/L2/L3

Thanks too Ilmg for providing pic support...
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Prize Giving.

Competition over it was a good team effort to take down the range. This done we adjourned to our favourite watering hole and set up for the prize giving and some cold ones and a lekka steak and chips.

It was no surprise that Adsup won the 1st prize easily. As stated he is in good physical condition and his shooting skills honed in IPSC stood him well. Q and LoneRanger place 2nd and 3rd respectively. Well done gentleman!

Good Luck to Adsup who, being the winner and as per Sas Tradition will have the privilege of organising DWM 2023!

Thank you to Betoeger for organising this year’s competition. It was well organised and efficient. It was a good balance between physical effort and shooting skills. Well done! Dankie!

Thanks to Grimes for organising a really good scoring system. Sas is really coming along on that score.

Thank you to Kilroy and Lone Ranger for travelling all the way from Mpumalanga. Thanks Gents!

To all those who entered: A massive thank you…… “Hold at all costs”

If you are interested in Sports adventure shooting, please check out www.sportsadventureshooting.co.za

Camo

User

Nice writeup Camo, it was a well organized event and I really enjoyed it. I should have joined Sas a long time aggo.
    I'm looking forward to organizing(with some assistance) next year's DWM shoot.
    Regards
    Adsup

Thanks Adsup

Well done on your win!

ja, I am sure you will get assistance for next years DWM.

Start planning early and it usually goes smooth.

See you on the 12th

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3