Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Target stands and plate hangers

Quote Originally Posted by Bundu Ric View Post
    How much per stand? You can make some money here.
    Barely got enough time to make for myself so that's not really an option.

User

Are the stands legs long enough when you shoot the steel that it does not topple over?

And will you share dimensions of yours?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bundu Ric View Post
    Are the stands legs long enough when you shoot the steel that it does not topple over?

And will you share dimensions of yours?
    They are fine with 9mm on level ground but can be made to topple if you hammer them fast with birdshot. I weight them with the forklift tyres that they have at Rooikraal. Toyed with the idea of filling them with sand for a rock steady base but it would be too heavy for convenience. The length of the brandering has quite a big influence on how tippy they are so I tend to keep them under 1500.

Dimensions are roughly 600 (L) x 550 (W). The verticals are welded in on the front of the crossbar of the H for a bit of extra leverage.

They are actually setup back to front in the original pic. Thumbscrews are on the back side for obvious reasons.

Deflection was pretty much perfect

User

Great thanks a mill, will definitely give this a go as the wood ones just dont last and come apart after some use.

User

Very nice idea. May I suggest that you make the square tubing on the plate bracket longer for if you shoot n bit low the wood is still protected but then you might dent the square tubing? If you turn the stand 90 deg so that the plate is mounted on the front of the stand which might reduce the topling over risk? But then you can use only 1 plate per stand.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Very nice idea. May I suggest that you make the square tubing on the plate bracket longer for if you shoot n bit low the wood is still protected but then you might dent the square tubing? If you turn the stand 90 deg so that the plate is mounted on the front of the stand which might reduce the topling over risk? But then you can use only 1 plate per stand.
    The steel is 2mm thick to keep the weight reasonable so a hit with a 9mm holes it. They are sized as they are to hide behind the plates. Brandering is surprisingly resilient and these stay up even with a hole in them. If you miss a lot then you just snap it off and lower the bracket a bit. If theres a problem with stability a little bit of weight on the front pins them.

Brandering is sacrificial.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2