Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: It's official: Elon Musk now owns Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by lloydb View Post
    And this is the problem. How has society become so soft?
    Twitter and such.

Good times create weak men, always been the case and always will.
    If you can spend your days on a couch with twitter instead of doing real work you become soft, if you spend your time debating on twitter instead of open face to face debate you become emboldened in your uselessness.

Elon purchasing twitter won’t make a difference, a society that can live online instead of a real life is the problem in the first place. Social media gives a voice to the weak, like a bunch of fat guys in a bar criticizing the rugby players on television as if they can do 1% of what those athletes can.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    And I still dont have a Twitter account or Facebook one. LOL
    Twitter is actually great, I dont tweet but its useful for news thats not main stream...

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Twitter is actually great, I dont tweet but its useful for news thats not main stream...
    Indeed. Useful for all news and things going on.

User

Quote Originally Posted by lloydb View Post
    And this is the problem. How has society become so soft?
    By being brought up to believe that there should be 'safe spaces' where you get to be a perpetual child. Pandering parents make for emotionally stunted adults who elect governments that offer them the illusion of safety and a big brother parent. The rubbish I have seen forwarded to me froom Twitter reinforce this view. People get banned because they say things that are objective facts but hurt other people's feelings. I wouldn't engage on a platform like that without a strong financial incentive.

User

Hence the question is not how would twitter be now, the real question is how do you bring free speech back, and I mean real free speech where you can speak your mind.
    If words can hurt then all words can hurt, hence free speech is dead the western world will not see it again.

User

Tate needs a personal invite

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Hence the question is not how would twitter be now, the real question is how do you bring free speech back, and I mean real free speech where you can speak your mind.
    If words can hurt then all words can hurt, hence free speech is dead the western world will not see it again.
    The “free speech” liberals are the most tyrannical in their agendas. Free speech is what doesn’t offend them. And everything offends them, void of logic. Radical Feminism ,Vegan gangsters and LGBT fascism. Make up a microbe if the population, yet have effectively affected the majority population through social media.

User

The only speech that should be banned is incitement to violence and hatred, i.e actually calling for people to be murdered, raped, assaulted etc. based on race, religiion, political opinion etc. as per Der Sturmer and Rwandan Hate Radio.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Johann du Toit View Post
    The only speech that should be banned is incitement to violence and hatred, i.e actually calling for people to be murdered, raped, assaulted etc. based on race, religiion, political opinion etc. as per Der Sturmer and Rwandan Hate Radio.
    If by 'banned' you mean 'censored' I disagree. If you say something that is illegal, you should be charged and prosecuted. i don't agree with censorship in any form outside of some extreme examples such as when a state is at war.

User

OK, his the "Chief Twit" now.

But honestly who cares, like seriously if Twatter had to disappear tomorrow, would it affect you greatly ?

The EFF and many other accounts incite violence, hate etc... But they continue to use the platform, and spread all of that.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast