Thread: TEMPLE INDEX

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default TEMPLE INDEX

After an incident at my work facility this week, what is the general take on this method ?
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Default Re: TEMPLE INDEX

To me depends on environment

Kids, dogs etc below midline

And other side if there is 2nd or 3rd floor etc

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

User

In a crowded area lik a retail environment it is probably a good option. But it also depends on what is above you. It might not be the safest direction. High ready would also be an option to avoid sweeping people around you but the same safest direction question would also apply. And are you moving or stationary, targets high or low, looking for someone at ground level you might not see if your firearm is blocking downward vision, etc.
    Perhaps if you could give us more info to work with?

User

Good Video

User

Paul Gomez was an excellent shooter and an excellent and a thinking instructor, RIP.

For me his advice and explanations of why and how are what I choose to follow.

Here is the info to make you think and decide what method you would want to use and follow.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Last week a gift that MTTSS gave me, was pressed into use ( a North American Rescue M_FAK- chest seals, tourniquet, quick clot, trauma dressings). Walking down from my office to check on a situation I saw a private security / CPF/ type scanning the walkway when he noticed me he went to the mode (temple index) and he walked ahead of me behind trying to get to the scene.
    Then we get to the Wheelchair ramp ( ZIG ZAG type) and in 2 seconds my vitals were exposed to his muzzle. I called out to him and he looked up tilting his head and sweeping a greater portion of my body. At the end of the ramp he then changes to holster or something and sweeps others in the process.

It is so important to learn techniques in the context of the situation and environment and practice this.

( and don't follow a short person with this index because when he looks up that muzzle is straight back to you).

THanks for the feedback.
    live out your imagination , not your history.