Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: POSTAL SHOOT COMPETITIONS

I'm lucky enough to have shot alongside 1 or 2 of the category winners.
    These guys are sharp and this is their chosen sport. Some of the rifles I saw have only ever been used on a bench and these guys shoot from the bench every weekend.

I participated in my 1st ever postal shoot and had fun!!! But I have zero expectations that my hunting and fun guns will ever be competitive with the bench experts.

WELL DONE to all that placed!!

Quote Originally Posted by jager View Post
    I do find some of the top results very very suspect.

BUT, one thing to keep in mind. In a 'real' competition you get your target, shoot your score, and that is that.

With a postal competition you get as many do overs as you want. You can sit all day and shoot 100 targets and submit the best one.

It's like playing golf, but you get to retake each shot as many times as you want. Eventually you'll score 20 under par.
    Exactly this!

I am guilty of this in so far as not submitting kak results for activity. I submit probably 6/10 targets shot if I had to be honest.

That said, I don't participate in the postal competitions for that reason.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Before we go down this rabbit hole we just need to remember that this “have to be part of an association” and “have to participate” is forced upon us by the state in order to own out guns. So you will get those that only do it to tick a box. Postal competitions are really against yourself, and if you have a shooting buddy who shoots with you, them. It’s definitely not against all that enter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2