Default Conpetancy validity

Hi Ll. I currently have 6 applications in at CFR. One cane back as REFUSED. That my competancy is not valid.

I have had a latkrge number of guns approved under the same status quo. Operating on the premise that your competancy only expires once the last license of that type of weapon expires. Which for me is 2030. Am I incorrect here? As SAPS has issued in excess of 20 of my licenses under this same guise. Any info please?

User

Default Re: Conpetancy validity

Had the exact problem 3 weeks ago when I submitted 2 new applications apparently this is a new update to the act that no matter the number of firearms and expiration dates the Competancy is only valid for 10 years from date of issue I also emailed NHSA and they confirmed this so I have now renewed my Competancy

User

I got wind of the 'new' rule re comps and applied for renewal of all 4 of mine while they were still within 10 years of issue. Did it simultaneously with handing in a new pistol license app. Processing of the comp took 10 months and in that time the license app didn't move. When the comp was approved I went and fetched the printout and found to my not very great surprise that the rocket surgeons had only renewed the handgun. A couple of weeks after this the handgun license was approved. This suggests a few things to to me; that a comp renewal application may stop the license app to which it relates in its tracks, SAPS are as useless at shuffling paper as they are at tying shoelaces but still better at those than fighting crime,

So in essence everytime you need to renew S15 or S16 you will have to renew your competency.
    I guess this is to verify your criminal records,etc.

Eish !!!

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk