Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default 3m Peltor Sport Tac audio input - anyone done this?

I'm spending long hours alone on the range trying to bust a handgun flinch/wobble/brainfail that is causing me to shoot like a pappa oscar echo sierra. Wouldn't mind doing it with some tunes. Anyone used one of these or equivalent on a Sport Tac headset and care to provide some feedback? I'm pretty sure that Adrenalin OD and Suicidal Tendencies will make for better range mates than my current soundtrack of Fat Old Guy Wheezing.

User

Default Re: 3m Peltor Sport Tac audio input - anyone done this?

I used a lot cheaper version: cranked the volume up on my bakkie's sound system while on the range. I feel that headphones/audio earmuffs distance me too far from reality (negativity influence my situational awareness)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    I used a lot cheaper version: cranked the volume up on my bakkie's sound system while on the range. I feel that headphones/audio earmuffs distance me too far from reality (negativity influence my situational awareness)
    That makes you more like the old me than the current more deferential and considerate version ;-). My taste, or perhaps lack thereof, in music makes your solution 'sub-optimal' for other range users so I'll have to keep on looking. Re the situational awareness element, I'm 100% on your page if I was shooting somewhere like Irene range where you can literally be on your own but where i shoot that is only possible mid week and then I wouldn't do this for the reasons you mention. When i said 'alone' above, i meant alone in my bay rather than alone on the range.

User

I like a subtle background track of Wilhelm Screams while I'm at the range...

Jokes aside, I might have a spare cable somewhere. If you're not in a rush I'll look for it over the weekend.

Sorta kinda on the topic. Wall drill is great to cure a flinch.

https://pistol-training.com/shooting-drills/wall-drill/
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    I like a subtle background track of Wilhelm Screams while I'm at the range...

Jokes aside, I might have a spare cable somewhere. If you're not in a rush I'll look for it over the weekend.
    That would be great, thanks.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Sorta kinda on the topic. Wall drill is great to cure a flinch.

https://pistol-training.com/shooting-drills/wall-drill/
    Thanks, will add that in.

User

I have a set of Peltor RangeGuard (which I just realized I've had for 7 years now... kinda impressed).
    Anyways they have a single 3.5mm jack, so not directly comparable. I found the sounds to be kinda shoddy but even with music playing (or in my case I tried playing some games) it would still work to boos the external sounds like normal.

as a caveat I did not play with the sound cranked all the way up so I figure it's dependent on how loud you want to listen to your music.

User

I think my Sport Tacs are also about 7 years old and they still work great. Very impressive given how hard they have worked.

Banned

If my head phones shouted GRIP, GRIP, GRIP I would be a top shooter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast