User

Default Advice please: lightest and most compact supressor

Looking for a lightweigh suppressor/silencer for my 308 with M16x1 thread. Which of the freely available local models are the lightest and most compact? Willing to sacrifice some performance for a lighter smaller silencer. Any suggestions? I looked at a Nielsen Sonic 45 but that seems very bulky. I have a ERC C4 on my .222 which is quite decent in terms of performance vs size. I quite like the Arctic range but they dont seem to make one for M16x1 mm.

Default Re: Advice please: lightest and most compact supressor

I recently bought a Freyr & Devik 196 suppressor for my .30-'06, it weighs 196 grams and extend the rifle's length by ±100mm.
    Performance is better than two SA made steel suppressors I have, both of these are 150gram heavier and 50mm longer than the F&D.

The F&D can be disassembled for cleaning. They do state that you should not fire more than 20 shots in quick succession so it is not suited for extended range work, it works very well for hunting.

Twin Bore Agencies is the agent and had the one I wanted in stock. They are not cheap though. I'm not sure if they have the thread you want but it might be worth contacting them.

Another option is the Ase Utra SL5-I, very compact (extend rifle length by ±100mm) but fairly heavy (±350g).

https://www.twinboreagencies.co.za/home

User

You can check Sus tac, they offer titanium internals and lightweight but the ones I saw are not compact.Our local suppressor industry still has catch up to do in terms of baffles, size and weight. ASE and Freyr and Devil are worth looking at , as Tstone said.

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    I recently bought a Freyr & Devik 196 suppressor for my .30-'06, it weighs 196 grams and extend the rifle's length by ±100mm.
    Performance is better than two SA made steel suppressors I have, both of these are 150gram heavier and 50mm longer than the F&D.

The F&D can be disassembled for cleaning. They do state that you should not fire more than 20 shots in quick succession so it is not suited for extended range work, it works very well for hunting.

Twin Bore Agencies is the agent and had the one I wanted in stock. They are not cheap though. I'm not sure if they have the thread you want but it might be worth contacting them.

Another option is the Ase Utra SL5-I, very compact (extend rifle length by ±100mm) but fairly heavy (±350g).

https://www.twinboreagencies.co.za/home

The Fryer & Devik 196 is amazing, i have one for my 6.5x55. I have a Sonic 45 for my 30.06 and Sonic 55 for my .375. They are quite heavy and bulky compared to the F&D. You really don't even notice the F&D so light it is. The Sonic 45 comes in at 480 grams and the Sonic 55 a whopping 710 grams. The 55 is like fitting a koffie blik on your rifle.
    The picture speaks for itself.

IMG_5420.jpg

The Ase Utra SL5 is only 105 or 110mm in length and superb/ But pricey. But you will know the difference when you shoot it.

Ive fitted an Atec-Optima 50 on my Sako 85 308 Varmint with the A-Tec break in front. There is just about no recoil. Still very short as it goes over the barrel. And you can remove modules if you want shorter.

User

The recoil reaper hunter is locally made, light and very effective. Give Martel a call. He makes an excellent product.

User

Hi all

Reviving this thread to see if there are any new developments.

I'm looking for a compact, lightweight suppressor to go on a standard barrel Howa 308. Barrel not yet threaded so thread not critical but it would be convenient for interchangeability purposes if it is the same as my other 308, being 14x1.

I recently bought two Freyer & Devik 131 suppressors, one is fitted to a 6mm Creedmoor and the other get swapped between my wife's 7x57 and a 6.5 Creedmoor. Quiet and light (131 grams) and add 120mm to barrel length. It is rated for .308 win maximum.

Another good option is the F & D 149, slightly heavier but 20mm shorter.

I also just fitted a freyr-devik to my 300WSM. Mod 231, weighs 231gram. It was the smallest one recommended for the magnum calibre. Takes enough bark away that i can hunt without ear protection. Very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk