User

Default Help sought programming old Sherlotronics remote receiver

My google fu is weak and I have been unable to find any reference whatever to the Sherlotronics remote receiver that is on my garage door opener. it is quite possible that it's 20 years old and doesn't have the current models button based programmig interface but rather uses jumpers/shunts.

If anyone recognises this and has any idea how to get it into programming mode I would appreciate a pointer

User

Default Re: Help sought programming old Sherlotronics remote receiver

P is for program
    C is for Clear

If you short out the jumpers in P it should go into program mode if I recall correctly. The LED should flash for the channel being programmed. Just use the jumpers from one of the other pins. Can not remember if you briefly short it out or if the jumper must remain in place until you are finished.

The jumpers below the ones I marked sets the duration for the relay to remain latched. You can use one of those and just put it back when you are finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post

P is for program
    C is for Clear

If you short out the jumpers in P it should go into program mode if I recall correctly. The LED should flash for the channel being programmed. Just use the jumpers from one of the other pins. Can not remember if you briefly short it out or if the jumper must remain in place until you are finished.

The jumpers below the ones I marked sets the duration for the relay to remain latched. You can use one of those and just put it back when you are finished.
    Thanks for the reply. Was busy messing with those two and worked it out. A monetary short on P puts it in programming mode. Presses on the fob are indicated audibly and with a light on LED2. After 3 or for four you exit programming with a long short on P.

Resetting and forgetting is with a long short on C. Worked perfectly on the two old remotes but the new one bought as a replacement today didn't want to know. Presses were registered but it would not be enrolled after exiting programming mode. Worked fine on the much newer button based Sherlo receiver on our driveway gate so i'm guessing there may be some additional level of hopping added to the new ones or something similar.

Will need to pick up a new receiver tomorrow and replace this trooper. We've owned the house for 17 years and in that time we've had 6 direct lightning strikes on the property. This unit and the Brammo door opener that its attached to are the only parts, other than some wiring, of the very extensive security related setup that remain so it's earned a break from active service.

User

The new Sherlo receivers and remotes work with code-hopping, which in my opinion is the only standard acceptable for wireless access control / alarm control etc etc.
    No one can wait and clone your remote.

Centurion code hopping remotes and receivers are also great products. Code hopping is a must!

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    The new Sherlo receivers and remotes work with code-hopping, which in my opinion is the only standard acceptable for wireless access control / alarm control etc etc.
    No one can wait and clone your remote.

Centurion code hopping remotes and receivers are also great products. Code hopping is a must!
    Greetings, I hope this will still get through. I have just completed my IDS diy alarm installation but can't understand how should I wire the Sherlotronics code hoping remote receiver to the panel. Google is only showing how to program remote but nothing on wiring part. I will appreciate if any assistance. Thanks

User

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    Just use the jumpers from one of the other pins. Can not remember if you briefly short it out or if the jumper must remain in place until you are finished.
    Leave the other jumpers in place. You may stuff around with NO/NC programming. Jumper must stay in place till programming is finished and then removed to memorized. Just short the pins with another cable bent in a U shape.

If all else fails get a universal receiver and and connect to trigger input. This way you can operate your garage door, motor gate and alarm that is all different makes from one 4 button remote.

https://stafix.myshopify.com/product...32663411851330

User

This guy has a pretty good channel, very relevant as he does setups of many local brands and products.
    The below two should help you along