Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by MohamedD View Post
    Thanks Pirate, emailed them last week to find out about the Xtenda element, fortunately they didn’t get back to me and if they do I know not to buy from them.
    If this post helped in one less person being scammed, I'm glad!

They also run Heatsmart that does heat pumps and Coolsmart that does air conditioning, so more "services" to look out for...

Default Re: Scam Alert: Sunsmart Solar

Was going to say ... Power Forum usually has "store" reviews and/or user testemonial, insights etc , very useful if youre looking into this

Tons of scammers especially now :/

User

Wait for the flood of scammers now that squirrel nutsack announced the plan to implement tax breaks for solar generation. Expect that should drive up demand and with it the supply of fly by nighters.

On another note, it's fascinating that it's taken the commie fucktards 15 years of rolling blackouts to realise that they haven't got a clue how to fix it. If these incentives were in place when they were told we were going to run out of electricity 20 years back the private sector would have eliminated the problem long ago. Anyone that thinks the anc can do anything other than exacerbate the situation should get an honorary black belt in delusion.

I bought my hardware for my solar setup from a very reputable supplier ( As per other buyers recommendations) . Paid them 100% upfront. At the time that i was quoted / invoiced i was not told that some of the items were not in stock. Took them 2 months to deliver my panels and rook mounts as they were out of stock, they also supplied some incorrect items which were only identified during the installation. The incorrect items were sent back. I was refunded 3 months later with lots of fighting !!!!

Lesson to be learnt, ask them to confirm availability on all items and then see if you are willing to wait for non stock items.

Lumen Solar did my installation . They based in Midrand. Excellent job.

User

Quote Originally Posted by bluefronted View Post
    I bought my hardware for my solar setup from a very reputable supplier ( As per other buyers recommendations) . Paid them 100% upfront. At the time that i was quoted / invoiced i was not told that some of the items were not in stock. Took them 2 months to deliver my panels and rook mounts as they were out of stock, they also supplied some incorrect items which were only identified during the installation. The incorrect items were sent back. I was refunded 3 months later with lots of fighting !!!!

Lesson to be learnt, ask them to confirm availability on all items and then see if you are willing to wait for non stock items.
    I'd say that makes them something other than a reputable supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Anyone that thinks the anc can do anything other than exacerbate the situation should get an honorary black belt in delusion.
    Classic summary of the problem!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I'd say that makes them something other than a reputable supplier.
    Agree !!!

User

Not really on the point of being scammed.

But be incredibly careful of who you choose to install your solar. No matter how "recommended" they come.

I have just spent close to R1m on an installation, which has a number of issues. From a "trusted" installer who is even recommended as a "trusted" installer on the suppliers' website.

From what I have learned is that it is illegal for anyone who is not a registered installation electrician or master electrician. Or the company must have one permanently employed. It is illegal for a 3rd party to sign a CoC for a solar installation if they did not do the work or were employed by the company and present doing the work.

I am busy having my installation inspected by an approved inspection Authority. And will be pursuing things with the installer or the electrician who provided the coc. As there are a number of issues with the install.

From the above, I can tell you 95% of installers are doing so illegally.

Edit: I even bumped into my pool guy at voltex, who fibreglased my pool. Who tells me he is now doing solar installs. Wtf.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

User

If you're thinking about approaching ECASA to question how their members are either flouting the rules and regulations or are wholly inept at their job, and are hoping for some remedial action to be taken, allow me to say the following.

LOL

User

Enforcement of rules and regulations is not a saffer super power. You'll find out when your house burns down and the insurance company repudiates the claim on the basis of absent or non-compliant certification. It's only a matter of time before a rash of these make it onto carte blanche or similar.
    Last edited by oafpatroll; 11-02-2023 at 09:29. Reason: Eradicating foolishness

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast