Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Default Re: Good news for future licensing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    What makes you think that increasing the staff is going to lead to an increase in approvals and NOT refusals?
    The thought also crossed my mind. A less informed, less educated person looking at a license app? But as shooter said it happens a lot faster! For now I will take that.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man…"

User

The odds on approval/denial should stay the same. At least one should hope to receive the good or bad news a little sooner than before.

User

This is excellent news. Reminds me, I need to pester the DFO again tomorrow.... 5 months today since submitting my apps...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cerop View Post
    This is excellent news. Reminds me, I need to pester the DFO again tomorrow.... 5 months today since submitting my apps...
    Mine is sitting in the system for 5 months and 3 weeks today...

Still sitting in the system at Gauteng north. (this application bypassed provincial and Competancy application).

so I will be @#$%@# if your application is ahead of mine

User

Hehe! I doubt it is. All fingers and toes crossed though!

well, ill believe it when i see it, the problem is also at the police station level. after being assured that they were not busy and that the aplication will be handled in a speedy manner it was still ONLY CAPTURED ONTO THE COMPUTER SYSTEM a month and a half later...

If they could get systems and SOP's in place, there is no reason this cant take 3-6 weeks like in the good ol days...

User

I still maintain....here is an opportunity from a CSI perspective. It isn't rocket science to input information into a computer. (small risk of carpal tunnel syndrome, mind you...but anywyas) Get the local communities involved in this. Set up an office with 10 computers at each DFO, and have graduates/matriculates help out with the mundane tasks of inputting stuff into the system.

This should free up the other guy to then do the more critical stuff like the interviews, safe inspections, etc. etc.

This wil help SAPS invest more in the communities they serve, it will help license applicants (hopefully), and it will help guys fresh out of school looking for a means of (honest) income.
    Last edited by cerop; 18-10-2010 at 08:25.

they should not stop until the turn around time is a month, and in the mean time they should all put alot more resources into it to ensure that the back-log is dealt with, fairly and judiciously.... this is one service that is an exact science, they apparently have their points system, tick tick tick, yes or no, your app is successful or not, you should know a month later either way, my applications have been at province for flippen 7 months now, no one can tell me what they even do there, other then send them along from there to CFR, so for 7 months they have pissed around and done absolutely nothing with my applications, and i am a bona fide collector and member of SAAACA, and how has it helped me, its not done a G&D DAMN THING to help my application process speed up or improve in any way, so now you guys are asking yourselves, why jump through all the hoops, thats a question im asking myself right now as well...

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

We all fall into the trap, over and over again, of supposing that the system is designed to facilitate the licensing of firearms to the public.

Bad dog, no biscuit!

When the FC Bill was introduced the ANC was quite clear about their intentions: 'to reduce and eliminate the access of the public to firearms'.

We need to alter our mindset.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

My perception based on my current app is that the actual problem lies with "Preparation for Consideration" and not so much with the Considerations Committee. My app is now in "Prep for Cons" for approximately 3 months.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast