Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default AR handguard options

So i finally got to bring my stag arms AR I bought in the forum home. And I'm looking at a couple upgrades.

2 things I want a
    1. is 15inch handguard, mlok option.. I don't like the current M4 style handguard, it doesn't have the A2 front sight, from what iv read a low profile gas block would be needed, 1 was included in the deal, I don't know brand or the likes does it matter? Any recommendations, I'm working on a budget, if I can keep it under 2.5k I would be happy.

2. A Bipod, I was looking at the Rudolph 6"9" option.. Again working on a budget here..

Any other advice or purchase options.. If anything has any of the above laying around I don't mind going the 2nd hand route.

Cheers

Sent from my PPA-LX2 using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: AR handguard options

Quote Originally Posted by Ocali View Post
    So i finally got to bring my stag arms AR I bought in the forum home. And I'm looking at a couple upgrades.

2 things I want a
    1. is 15inch handguard, mlok option.. I don't like the current M4 style handguard, it doesn't have the A2 front sight, from what iv read a low profile gas block would be needed, 1 was included in the deal, I don't know brand or the likes does it matter? Any recommendations, I'm working on a budget, if I can keep it under 2.5k I would be happy.

2. A Bipod, I was looking at the Rudolph 6"9" option.. Again working on a budget here..

Any other advice or purchase options.. If anything has any of the above laying around I don't mind going the 2nd hand route.

Cheers

It is well worth it to spend a little more on the bipod. Especially if you are going to end up shooting IPSC.

Spartan Arms sells Nord Arms bipods with superior quality quick detach picatinny connectors. Buy once, cry once.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    It is well worth it to spend a little more on the bipod. Especially if you are going to end up shooting IPSC.

Spartan Arms sells Nord Arms bipods with superior quality quick detach picatinny connectors. Buy once, cry once.
    Thanks for the feedback.. I will have a look at their website..

User

At R2500 you're going to limited to the UTG line of rails that are available for the DM4 range. Not sure if DSG still have the Samson range of handguards as those are pretty good.

Otherwise you're looking at R3000/R4000 + for the Aero Precisions from Bellum Arcus.

I recall Hailstorm having the BCMs, but you'll need to sit down to hear those prices.

User

From what I've seen the DM4 os not using UTG raiks, but a copy of the old Noveske rails.

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    At R2500 you're going to limited to the UTG line of rails that are available for the DM4 range. Not sure if DSG still have the Samson range of handguards as those are pretty good.

Otherwise you're looking at R3000/R4000 + for the Aero Precisions from Bellum Arcus.

I recall Hailstorm having the BCMs, but you'll need to sit down to hear those prices.
    Yeah from the looks of things, I might have to up the budget a bit, to get something decent.. The BCMs are on a wishlist hahaha...

Im heading to Southern Sky on Monday, they deal with AERO Precision too, will have a look at what's on offer..

User

Have a chat to the guys at Dave Sheer and Spartan to see what they have available close to your budget. Spartan might have some cheaper stuff available.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ocali View Post

2 things I want a

Cheers

Budget and AR don't go in the same sentence. Rather save a little longer and get something that is quality built like BCM, Midwest Industries, Aero Precision (cheapest decent option).
    Look here:
    https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...x.htm?psize=96

User

For parts that I assume are made in fairly large volumes and based on ally extrusions (maybe?) these things seem fiendishly expensive. Makes me glad I don't have an AR in need of dollying up.

User

Not sure if these are to your liking, but price is not bad..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast