Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Default Re: New Ruger single six

Be aware that the first model Single Six had flutes on the .22 AND .22WMR cylinders.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Be aware that the first model Single Six had flutes on the .22 AND .22WMR cylinders.
    This is also what I saw on his revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesNotBond View Post
    This is also what I saw on his revolver.
    James I tried to get hold of you on WhatsApp but was not successful. Most probably just user error on my side. I got hold of some guys on the Ruger forum. According to them there are one big rule with Ruger, never say never and never say always! They have changed their models through the years and there are new model single sixes with fluted 22WMR cylinders and models with unfluted 22WMR cylinders. There are even guys saying that they have unfluted 22Lr cylinders! The early model convertible cylinders were electro penciled by hand though with the last three digits of the serial number but these marks are apparently not very obvious and the guys that never thought they had marked cylinders only found out that they were marked after real careful inspection. You need to thoroughly clean the carbon from the cylinder face to see them. Other models carried etched numbers on the cylinders corresponding with the last three digits of the serial numbers.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Eben Wiid View Post
    James I tried to get hold of you on WhatsApp but was not successful. Most probably just user error on my side. I got hold of some guys on the Ruger forum. According to them there are one big rule with Ruger, never say never and never say always! They have changed their models through the years and there are new model single sixes with fluted 22WMR cylinders and models with unfluted 22WMR cylinders. There are even guys saying that they have unfluted 22Lr cylinders! The early model convertible cylinders were electro penciled by hand though with the last three digits of the serial number but these marks are apparently not very obvious and the guys that never thought they had marked cylinders only found out that they were marked after real careful inspection. You need to thoroughly clean the carbon from the cylinder face to see them. Other models carried etched numbers on the cylinders corresponding with the last three digits of the serial numbers.
    Hi Eben, I am so sorry to have wasted your efforts, I am between accommodation points at the moment and seem to have had some(MANY) issues. The number I gave out works for cellular calls, but not whats up at present. (its complicated at moment)
    I am at present using my UK number only for whats up +44 7710070244, sorry for inconvenience. If you are still interested please send a whats up or call and I will respond with video and photo. If the model is the one you are interested in I can go back to Tree and do a much more in detail inspection.

A very late reply, sorry.

My single six has just the one cylinder (not the Magnum). The last three digits of the serial number are marked on the front of the cylinder, but it was clearly done by hand with an "electric pencil". Thus quite crudely and not very distinctly. Not sure if it was done by the factory.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2