Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Remington 700 ADL tactical 6.5 Creedmoor

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    I remain interested to get opinions on whether guys would require a borescope inspection on a brand new Howa...? I just don't get why you'll choose a suspect Remington over a Howa.
    ..did you miss the quality control issue article I posted? Else just search about Remingtons QC issues on Google, plenty info..

User

Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post
    ..did you miss the quality control issue article I posted? Else just search about Remingtons QC issues on Google, plenty info..
    no, that's my point, why would one choose to consider a new Remington which may be subject to known QC issues, above Howa, which has no real QC issues?

User

Quote Originally Posted by riversun2k View Post
    In my opinion, Japanese products may be more precision-oriented, and durability may not be what they are good at.
    And yet, my hunting vehicle is an ancient Toyota Landcruiser with >490 000km's on the clock, it labors daily in terrain that would have killed an American truck years ago. Why would Japanese made rifles be different? They are built in the same country, using the same technology by people with the same work ethic.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    no, that's my point, why would one choose to consider a new Remington which may be subject to known QC issues, above Howa, which has no real QC issues?
    Ah ok, I almost misunderstood your question, my apologies.

It's a 700 footprint, there is a bit more 'stuff' available (chassis / triggers etc). I mean, Howa has a good range of aftermarket stuff available, but nothing close to what the 700 footprint has. Example, what I arguably consider one of the nicest chassis systems: https://www.jprifles.com/1.2.6.1_APAC.php

Same as Magpul's selection of bolt action 'goodies', all only made for the 700 platform: https://magpul.com/firearm-accessori...ngton-700.html

These would be my reasons for going with a 700 ADL (and I have 3 Howa's).

Cousin has rem 700. I have howa 1500. Even 2x700 still less than 1500 (just kidding, bad joke). On the range shooting groups, printed same size groups. Very similar in terms of application. Can't go wrong with either. Enjoy it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2